A bit of glue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A large washer will spread the stress over a larger area at some possible expense to foot area, this is something I would do if I were in a far off land diving just to get through but not at home except in the pool. I’m at the opposite end of the shoe size than Simon so I tend to have plenty of spares here.
He has to experiment with the DIY or throw the fins away.
I would try to save it first. Because I only have one pair of fins.

In over 20 years and literally countless fins it's never happened before. I still believe it was my using the Tusa buckles that did it so won't blame mares.

Just get a larger washer.
It should work but not sure how for long because of the possible corrosion on the metal.
Stainless should be OK. I am still picking up SS washers, nuts and bolts from the last year's Blue Heron bridge repairs, they show no signs of corrosion.

Stainless should be OK. I am still picking up SS washers, nuts and bolts from the last year's Blue Heron bridge repairs, they show no signs of corrosion.
Depend on the grade.
Residual salt trapped can cause havoc in long term.
But I am sure Simon will take good care of that.

In over 20 years and literally countless fins it's never happened before. I still believe it was my using the Tusa buckles that did it so won't blame mares.
Always expect the unexpected. So true.
Get on with it mate! You love DIY.

So we assume

Nah mate you assume, because you have absolutely no idea

full.jpg

I know as I don't speak without having done, as I am knowone

Reactions: Zef

Back
Top Bottom