Teric Battery Drain - When OFF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just took out my Teric from the storage for my next drive trip and noticed that its battery charge went down by 10% after 44 days of hibernation.

4D202F31-1C4F-476F-939D-9CEFD4DD3E07.jpeg

That's not bad at all.

I received my computer back from being repaired, and it is now holding charge as it should. Hopefully, nine to twelve months from now it hold a similar charge as now.

That's not bad at all.

I received my computer back from being repaired, and it is now holding charge as it should. Hopefully, nine to twelve months from now it hold a similar charge as now.

Best of luck to you. I am at 11 months today, and going strong. If you are hearing a loud noise, that's just me knocking that hell out of the wood table

Best of luck to you. I am at 11 months today, and going strong. If you are hearing a loud noise, that's just me knocking that hell out of the wood table
LoL I know what you mean.

That's not bad at all.

I cannot see any reason why it would change significantly in the first year. Whatever problem you had was fixed and that should be the end of it. If these batteries are of the same quality as the LIion cells used in phones, you can expect the first three years to be pretty good and then a slight drop off in the fourth year which will probably leave you at 80% of the original capacity by the end of the fifth year.

I cannot see any reason why it would change significantly in the first year. Whatever problem you had was fixed and that should be the end of it. If these batteries are of the same quality as the LIion cells used in phones, you can expect the first three years to be pretty good and then a slight drop off in the fourth year which will probably leave you at 80% of the original capacity by the end of the fifth year.

Battery drain was explained here or another thread. Short version, supplier could not keep up with Shearwater demand, and made the batteries out of the clean room. Many of these batteries where garbage. Problem fixed, and all new batteries should last 5 years.

Before this I sent in two computers for replacement, and now this current on was repaired. Each computer that had issues was less than a year old.

Interesting patterns with the battery on the board. I had the battery replaced in my Teric at the end of August last year and once returned it was holding charge great and I just topped up when it dropped to around 90% which was longer than a month.
Pulled the Teric out at the start of April and noticed the % lower than usual so charged and tracked and the discharge was from 100% to 84% in 48 hours (around the same discharge before the first battery replacement). Allowed the discharge to continue and it dropped to 40% in 11 days.
Message sent to Shearwater but I do hope it gets sorted as the device is great.
Just wondered what others are seeing regarding the discharge pattern with issues and if it is similar.

I bought my first Teric in May 2019. In October 2019, I had a black screen failure and the computer was repaired. On the third dive after repair, in November 2019, the AI failed, thought secondary to the antenna. The computer was replaced. My second Teric worked perfectly until March 2021, when I noticed that the battery consumption during hibernation and dive use had increased. This worsened in April 2021, to the point where there was 5-6% loss per day in hibernation. The computer was recently replaced

Shearwater service, through Richard and Michele Morton at Dive-Tronix, has never been short of absolutely fantastic. The replacements and the repair were all accomplished within days. I could not ask more from customer service.

I love my Teric computer, I'm hoping the third time is the charm.

OK, we are on our THIRD Terics…. Primarily due to the battery drain issues. We dive them 4-8x per week, year round. They are still loosing considerable battery. On surface days, they will loose 10-20% just sitting…. Both are on current s/w levels…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom