Shoe goo in place of aquaseal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I need to glue a pocket onto a wetsuit. Seems like aquaseal is kinda sparce locally right now so I'm thinking would shoegoo work?

Has anyone tried it?

I wonder if Shoe Goo would be waterproof enough for the application, plus able to handle the weight of stuff in the pocket. Have you checked online for Aquaseal? No clue on price difference.

I wonder if Shoe Goo would be waterproof enough for the application, plus able to handle the weight of stuff in the pocket. Have you checked online for Aquaseal? No clue on price difference.

Shipping delays

Works fine, even better than aquaseal for some applications. But it doesn’t come with the accelerant, so drying time is longer. Get the marine version.

How far are you from Portsmouth? I got an 8 oz container recently for the same reason. I still have 2 pockets to go but won’t need to put them on till mid to end of June. Be glad to share!

Erik

I find E6000 is pretty good substitute for Aquaseal and it dries much faster without accelerator. It's available cheaply at most hardware stores. I dont know how it compares to Shoe Goo though.

Reactions: OTF
McNett seal cement is what I use

All of our plastic bubble compasses are glued to Kydex compass boards with marine goo. Still going strong after 3 years.

I also used it on a polyethylene neck ring with a whites Vinyl drysuit Liner when nothing else I tried would bond permanently.

I find that e6000 dries less flexible than marine goo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom