02 service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deal Me In

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, thanks everbody on the info about the 02 cleaning. now i have another problem. i live in cape canaveral, florida and none of the dive shops around here will clean a rig for 02 (as a matter of fact some of them didn't know what i was talking about) so, since i know some of you live in florida where can i take a dacor reg in this area (hopefully orlando or west palm beach area).

thank you for you time.

I'm sure there are some shops closer, but I seem to recall that Fort Lauderdale isn't _that_ far from WPB; and Brownie's Southport will definately know what they are doing.

Deal Me In:
Ok, thanks everbody on the info about the 02 cleaning. now i have another problem. i live in cape canaveral, florida and none of the dive shops around here will clean a rig for 02 (as a matter of fact some of them didn't know what i was talking about) so, since i know some of you live in florida where can i take a dacor reg in this area (hopefully orlando or west palm beach area).

thank you for you time.

Wow, they didn't know what you where talking about? Well you are right to look for another shop. I know WPB and Ft. Lauderdale really aren't choices for you. Weren’t you the one that is starting your Technical training? If so, then your instructor should be able to tell you where to go.

You could also call your training agency for a recommendation.

Good luck to you

Hatts in Melbourne couldnt handle that, oh well. I would guess either Scuba Diversions in Cassleberry or Scuba World on Colonial. Ill poke around later this week and see what gives.

I'm sure there are some shops closer, but I seem to recall that Fort Lauderdale isn't _that_ far from WPB; and Brownie's Southport will definately know what they are doing.

Sorry but 225mi South, of that I am sure was that way last week

I just brushed through the other thread and saw it is a diverite 2000.
If you have any questions on it check http://www.diveriteexpress.com down in Pompano. Their website has the service manual in pdf and sell all parts for them. Also you want to ask any "O2 questions" about the 2000 there about the best you can do. Diverite themselves are a little slow on answers.

What kind of LDS is your instructor out of? They'll sell you an O2 setup but don't know how to O2 clean one, how would they service your reg when it's due an overhaul?

techblue, the problem is that my instructor is in jupiter, florida and i wanted to have it cleaned before the class started. i'm sure my instructor can do it, i was just hoping that i could get it done before i drive down there for the class. also, quimby i called hatts and they said no but i talked to a friend of mine and he said that was strange too. he lives down in that area and gets his fills there and said that i must have talked to the wrong person on the phone. he will be in there later this week to gas up before we dive and said that he would talk to somebody else in there for me. thanks for the help guys.

thanks for your time.

Why dont you ship it to a Dive Rite authorized repair center? FillExpress (diveriteexpress) sells the whole line, I imagine they can handle an O2 cleaning.

lubold, my diverite regs are o2 clean. i have an old dacor rig that i want to clean so that i can use it for a deco reg. the two diverite regs that i have are going to go on my doubles. i just want to clean the other reg that i have so that i don't have to buy another one.

thanks for your time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom