02 service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhhh.... I am getting lost in the threads.

I don't know much about the dacor line. Is it that they don't know how to clean _that_ reg, or is it that they don't know how to clean -any- reg? It's not titanium by any chance, is it?

just a couple random 'trying to understand the source of the strangeness' thoughts.

I believe Dacor is one of those companies that says you can NOT use their regs for anything other than air. No matter what. They dont sell a nitrox kit, or have any type of nitrox reg. maybe thats it...

That being said, you can clean it in simple green or blue gold, and replace all the orings with epdm, and give it a shot. Let us know how it works out, k???

If it were me, I would get another reg for deco use...

EDITED TO ADD: Check that, the viper does have a nitrox kit available for it...

the viper is the one that i have with the nitrox kit on it. i had the LDS that sold me the reg put that on. however, they said that they wouldn't clean any reg to 100% not just the dacors. i have had it for about 6 years and have it serviced at my LDS every year. when i called the person that awnsered the phone didn't know what i was talking about. she then asked somebody if they clean regs for 100% o2 and the person said no. didn't ask what kind of reg or anything like that, he just said no.

thanks for your time

Well, any Mares dealer should be able to get the parts, and hopefully be able to service the reg.
From the Mares website, i found two dealers in Orlando:

Orlando 32809
8092 S Orange Blossom Trail SCUBA QUEST (407) 851-6677 scuba@scubaquestusa.com
Fax Web
www.scubaquestusa.com/

Orlando 32819
5403 International Dr. Divers Direct Outlet 407-354-3644 info@ diversoutlet.com
Fax Web
407-363-1252 www.diversdirect.com/

And one more in WPB:

West Palm Beach 33415
1401 S. Military Trail SCUBA QUEST (561) 433-3883 scuba@scubaquestusa.com
Fax Web
www.scubaquestusa.com/

Check them out, and see what they can do for you...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom