1 tank boat diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shavens

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have problems with sea sickness even with medications. I found I do OK if there is only one dive when on a boat dive, but will get sick by the second one. Tha's why I love diving at Bruces Carib Inn in bonaire. Has any one found similar 1 tank boat diving anywhere in the caribbean - or boat diving that is close to shore. I seem to suffer worse when not in sight of land. Good shore diving is also a possiblilty - although being 59, that is sometimes more of a physical challange then I enjoy.

Boat dives in Roatan from Fantasy Island and Coco View are seldom more than 15 minutes from the dock and run parallel to the shoreline. You could swim back if need be.

Have you tried using scopolamine patches for seasickness? They are very effective for most people. It is a dime sized patch that you place behind your ear once every three days (they are waterproof and stay on very well). They do require a prescription.

When we were in Provo my husband talked to the folks at Dive Provo about his seasickness and we did two tank dives within Grace Bay which kept the boat time down to less than 15 minutes.

I did use scopolamine pills on our last trip to bonaire. It seemed to work better for me then Bonine. I had to research it myself and give the info to my doctor to get a prescription but seemed worth the effort. I've never heard about Ginger Root pills. Could be something to try.

I really like just doing one dive and then getting to come back to land and chilling for a couple hours and then going back out for another dive. Must be some other dive shops that are into that routine??

MMM? I've never looked into Roatan. How is the diving there. I'm pretty much a beginner diver - although my husband has his Advanced certification.

My wife and I finished our OW certification there on referral so we were brand new divers. We loved it and have been back since then to see it a second time. Was even better then because we were much more comfortable with our skills, weighting, bouyancy and gear so we could concentrate on looking at the reef.

On Grand Cayman, several operators do 1-tank boat dives in the afternoon. Typically, these dive sites are 10 - 15 minutes from shore. There is also some good, easy shore diving here.

Pive Palancar which services The Occidental Allegro and the Occidental Grand resorts in Cozumel does four 1-tank dives each day. Their boats are fairly large and stable with boat rides to the site of less than 5 minutes to about 15 minutes. A 10 dive package, which can be split among multiple divers, runs about $300.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom