100' before AOW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in an odd position. I grew up in Hawaii part of the time and dove a great deal there back in the early 80's to 90s. For one reason or another though I was never certified until about one year ago. Not sure I will ever go for the AOW cert unless I need it for certain charters though. My dive buddy has AOW but I don't think he has more experience than I do. I plan on diving the Blue Hole in NM next month. Have planned the dive with DM already. Will be my first trip beyond 80 feet and my first Altitude dive.

I don't remember any mention of a 60 foot depth restriction when I took open water through padi. I remember the 130 foot restriction. I discovered the 60 foot limet by reading this board shortly after diving to 90 fsw on my first dive outside of ow class. In the defense of the charter who took us on that dive whom we did tell that it was our first dive to, the water was clear and 80 something degrees. Does padi's ow manual mention a 60 foot restriction bc I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom