$100 Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Due to a last minute cancellation I was able to get in on a three day weekend dive trip to Campbell River/Discovery Passage, B.C. for $100: food, diving and accommodations inclusive!

I went with a group from the Marker Buoy dive club of Seattle as an *illegal* non-member… they turned out to be a real nice bunch of people. Word had leaked out that I was a tech diver but they treated me kindly anyway... maybe because I didn’t take doubles or a DIR attitude. I did however take my impeccable form and a minimal DIR singles rig.

We chartered through: http://www.divedynamike.com/
The dives are a slack current - which never really is slack… it just changes direction. After each dive we headed back to the lodge for more home cooked food and hot tubbing and other stuff…. until the next slack… this was a wonderfully relaxing time!!!

The Marker Buoy folks are really into photography (at least this bunch) and one of the guys had a digital video camera going each dive and afterwards would project the video on the wall so we could re-do the dive… really cool…

Check out the website for the particulars of the dive sites...
Even at the full fare the rate was exceptional...

Good to hear you had a nice time. The rates are nice, especially since they are in play money, oops, I mean Canadian. I went to the site and it looks like a comfortable place to spend the weekend. I'll have to put this on my list of places to visit.

Later, Hawk.

What was the water temp and viz? was this normal? and was the food worth the dive?

Originally posted by Fishkiller
What was the water temp and viz? was this normal? and was the food worth the dive?
Water temp was a balmy 50F with sunshine to warm us during the day but that also started the bloom so the viz was dropping to <50. The viz had been better just the week before.

The food? Home cooking man... MMMmmmmMM... three squares a day.

Finally noticed your trip report -- sounds like a great time.

There is some similar diving north of here in the Bay of Fundy (Maine/Canada), which has the largest tide differentials in the world -- slack water diving only. As a result of the tidal flow, the fauna is apparently spectacular. Hope to get up there this year or next.

-Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom