100m air dive & workup, PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that sounds like a really fun dive

Hmm let's see.. a 42 minute technical dive in warm Philippine waters with two of my best friends diving an awesome site that only handful of people have been to? Yeah, I'd say that was a really fun dive. It sure beat the crap out of reading your negative sarcastic post

Tort, how much back gas did you return with on a 4 min BT

~100 bar

How do you descend, head up or down, I'm head down and streamline for speed

Head up, feet down - reduces narcosis. Max descent rate was still 28m/minute which is about as fast as I like to go

Tortuga, glad your dive went off without a hitch and you're here to tell the tale! As I've said before, not something I'd do but to each their own. :)

For me personally: I would never make such a dive to 100 m on air.

doing the descent feet first is the hardest part of the story for me. You gotta be alwfully heavy to sink fast in the feet first position. Just seems weird to me.

VooDooGasMan -I pretty well agree with your thoughts. I consider myself a recreational deep diver. That means a single al80. The criteria for depth is being able to complete all deco stops,
including a 15 foot safety stop and surfacing with a minimum of 600 psi. Most of my deep dives
are between 200 and 300 feet. This last year decided to push the envelope a little and made a
couple just over 300 feet and a couple just over 350 feet. Some of the key elements - down as
quickly as possible without exertion; very low air consumption; completely relaxed; locked up with
buddy; constant monitoring of self, depth, buddy, etc. I do not think anyone should consider deep diving on air without knowing your body's tolerance to nitrogen narcosis and spending considerable time learning all the information available. And even then, it should be approached
very cautiously.

You gotta be alwfully heavy to sink fast in the feet first position

No, you don't. Once you get below ~10m it's quite easy to do a feet-first fast descent. Try it some time

rjack321:
Posting about it here?

LOL. You're a sad little man

I'd like to forget our history on this topic & ask a couple of questions.

The dives you'v described in these deep air threads seem to be in places where you can still see lots of interesting stuff on the ascent/deco stages. Would you do them on an open ocean, square profile wreck dive, with a blue water ascent?

Would you join voodoo & crogue on their next 300'-350', single aly 80, dive with all deco stops including a 15' safety stop?

I'm not trying to set you up for some hard arsed comeback. If I repost in this thread, it will just be more questions. I'm just a big kid really, my favourite question will always be why.

Did APRIL FOOLs day come early this year? This whole thread has to b a farce.

The dives you'v described in these deep air threads seem to be in places where you can still see lots of interesting stuff on the ascent/deco stages. Would you do them on an open ocean, square profile wreck dive, with a blue water ascent?

Actually, with the exception of the Verde Island dive from my 85m thread, most of my deco is done in blue water. But with 6m hangs that are usually in the 7-12 minute range I don't find it overly boring. By the time I've done the gas switches, stowed hoses, thought back over the dive etc, it's time to get ready to come up

So, the answer is yes, although it's always more interesting if there is something to look at other than my buddies

Kern:
Would you join voodoo & crogue on their next 300'-350', single aly 80, dive with all deco stops including a 15' safety stop?

The short answer would be No. I don't dive single tank below about 40m. I like the redundancy of doubles as well as the extra air, even if as I mentioned earlier I usually finish the dive with more than 50% of all three gases remaining

I have 2 sets of doubles that live in the Philippines as well as a single wing so there's no benefit to not using them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom