100th dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6 months. I was certified in May and made my 100th dive in November. I would dive every weekend, sometimes both days and both the a.m. and p.m. trip. I have to say the ability to dive so often when i was new helped to me ingrain the skills i had just learned. I still continue to dive often though not as often as when i first got certified. I average 50-100 a year now, but the dives are deeper and longer now. So I usually only do a single dive a day now.

I'm so excited...this is my first post on SB :D

I got to 100 dives in a bit over 4 months...I took a gap year after graduating from university...and safe to say i spent almost the whole time diving.

But now that i have work..its been a bit more difficult to dive as often...

Now i dive about 40-50 dives a year.

PS: I just found out that the 100th shouldve been a naked one!...Damn!!...

Cheers

6 months

It took a lot longer than I would have wanted. When it's an 8 hour round trip drive, its hard to go diving often. My goal is to get in another 100 dives this year. If I can get just 3 diving days a month I can do it (Yay drysuit!) plus I want to finaly get my rescue, wreck, and deco classes finished this year.

I hid my 100th dive because I know the group I dive with would probably shame me into doing it naked. :mooner:

I will be doing my 100th dive next Monday.....I finished my OW last July but since December I have been working in a dive centre and so have had the change to get plenty of dives with lots of experience..
On a lovely note my 100th dive will be on the same dive as my best friends open water dive 1 of her course...we will both be feeling special:D

I got OW certified on 06/06/06.....lol. After getting the OW training went immediately to Nitrox, then Cavern. Had a bad cavern experience and subsequent break-up with my then fiance after dive #27. Stopped diving until October of 2007, then went into a diving frenzy. Had my 100th dive on 4/20/2008, almost 6 months after continuing to dive. Now I am almost at dive #900. I'm a warm water wus, live in Florida, and enjoy travelling to other warm water areas for diving vacations.

I made 100+ each of my first two years, then worked at a dive shop for eight years, so my average went down to about 35 per year. Now I dive for quality, not quantity. Some years I make less than 70 dives, sometimes I make more.

Well, took me about a year and a half, and considering that i am a poor college student living in the middle of Texas, i'm pretty proud of that fact.

Now, if you go naked for your 100th, what do you have to wear on your 250th?

It's Travis!! Haha this is fat Justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom