100th dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a land-locked vacation diver with local reservoirs but no local dive shops. As a result, it took me 3-4 years to reach 100 dives, and all of those dives were in Florida and Cozumel. Then I bought a compressor and a dozen cylinders. Now I get 100 dives every 4-6 months. And I live in the mountains, 400 miles from the ocean!

My first ~500 dives were in aquariums, but since they are basically a pool with animals, I never logged them. My 100th REAL dive came many years later. By the time I figured out I was at 100, it had already passed.

It took me a little less than 8 years to get in my 1st 100 dives and then a little less than 6 years to get the next 400. I went from diving once a year on family vaction to at least a half dozen trips per year. My plan is to continue to accelerate

I got certified in September 2008, but only got in 1 dive between then and June 2010 (and that was just in a REALLY deep (45-50') swimming pool). I had intentions to dive but it didn't pan out. Early fall of 2009, started discussing a dive trip with my best friend/certification buddy for the next summer. I've got 25 dives now, and with 2 trips coming up this summer (I figure about 50 dives), so I think I'll get to 100 by sometime in the summer of 2012. Call that 2 years or four, I think the next hundred will be quicker.

Some cavern that must have been... I've heard of bad cave & cavern experiences, but never one that led to the break-up of an engagement!

There was a little more to the out-of-air, upside down alternative air supply which provided more water than air to the break up. A ski accident where my first experience was a black diamond hill instead of a bunny trail which resulted in a "football tendon" injury, a bicycle ride that led us through traffic which was dangerous, and other incidents that he didn't take coming out of the incidents alive was a consideration in his thought process. Almost drowning and him not being aware that i was in trouble during a "training" dive was an eye opener that made me think his ego was more important than my life reallly made me think about that relationship......lol.

I think that was a turning point in my life that made me realize I cannot depend on anyone (including a "buddy" to get me out of situations that can turn bad) that made me the diver I am today.

Wow, thats pretty bad. Glad you were able to use it as a learning experience.

Just over a year.

I should be at 100 dives by Nov of this yr.. So, since I have started diving again it will have taken me one yr to get 100.

Back
Top Bottom