109 BA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi
I'm converting my 109 to a balanced adjustable. Is the tuning procedure the same as the 109 with a duro poppet?
I don't have much experience in tuning these regulators but willing to give it a go with some help.

Thanks in advance

IMG_0204.JPG
Why are there two different purge covers? They must affect lever height?

The one on the left looks like a 108 cover. I have a 108 with a different style diaphragm that fits with the cover on the left. I have another one that has the same diaphragm/cover as the 109, which is what you have on the right.

The one on the left is out of my 109, which I'm having lever problems with. And the right out of a 108.

On the 109 it felt like I had to implode the diaphragm before it would start to breathe. A bit like a delay. Decided it was a good chance to upgrade going to go to an s swing poppet with a g250 lever, with the curved feet. Hopefully will sort my issue.
Going to get a new orifice as I can fell a tiny imperfection probably the cause of the lever trouble?

The one on the left looks like a 108 cover. I have a 108 with a different style diaphragm that fits with the cover on the left. I have another one that has the same diaphragm/cover as the 109, which is what you have on the right.

The one on the left is out of my 109, which I'm having lever problems with. And the right out of a 108.

On the 109 it felt like I had to implode the diaphragm before it would start to breathe. A bit like a delay. Decided it was a good chance to upgrade going to go to an s swing poppet with a g250 lever, with the curved feet. Hopefully will sort my issue.
Going to get a new orifice as I can fell a tiny imperfection probably the cause of the lever trouble?

I think I see part of the problem. Correct your diaphragm problem before you do any upgrades.

I swapped the diaphragms and retuned but that didn't help.

Are you saying you still have to implode the diaphragm to get gas flowing? Did you readjust the orifice to take the excess play out of the lever?

Yep still had to implode it. I tried to adjust the orifice out but had free flow before the lever height would change enough. That's why I'm thinking that nick in the orifice is causing me grief, having to have it screwed too far in to get it to seal on the Lp seat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom