109 BA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously that is it...????? Thanks!!!!

I've had a chance to look over my 108s and here's what I think is your issue. First, the 108 with the parts on the left works fine? To me it looks like your lever, diaphragm, and cover should all work.

The issue with your 109 is that the purge cover on the right is for a 108 with a different lever and diaphragm than yours has. One of my 108s uses this type of cover (with the internal ridges) and the diaphragm and lever are different than yours.

So you should be able to just get a normal 109 purge cover and that should fix it. Try the purge cover on the left and see if it works. You can't use the one on the right for either of your regs.

If the purge cover on the left (or a new 'normal' 109 purge cover from vdh) doesn't work, you have a lever height issue and the easiest way to deal with that is a new lever.

Last edited:
DD, "Seriously that is it...????? Thanks!!!!"

Yeah, and by-the-way, Vintage Double Hose sells orifices and band clamp screws so no need to safety wire your band clamps together anymore. :)

Thanks so far everyone the feed back has been great!! I already have a g250 lever with the curved feet on the way. So hopefully all I need now is a new purge cover and maybe a new orifiice. Will measure the length of the spring tonight.

Interestingly nothing could have been swapped as I've had the 108 for a while but the 109 is a new addition.

........you should be able to just get a normal 109 purge cover and that should fix it. Try the purge cover on the left and see if it works. You can't use the one on the right for either of your regs.

If the purge cover on the left (or a new 'normal' 109 purge cover from vdh) doesn't work, you have a lever height issue and the easiest way to deal with that is a new lever.

Halo is exactly correct. I'll try to post a few pictures later (watching the playoffs right now) that you might find helpful.

I know someone who used a grinding wheel to modify a diaphragm cover like that oddball you have to fit a 109, but as new covers are now available it may be best to save it for the day when you have a 108 that actually needs it.

^^^ It looks like we are typing all over each other. ^^^

The two levers on the left in the first photo are for the 108 HP which uses the same diaphragm and purge cover as the 109. The third lever is the old 108 style that halocline mentioned.

IMG_3086.JPG
IMG_3088.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks so much guys!!! Ill order some bits and see how I go. Is the g200 diaphragm compatible with both an adjustable and a BA?

DD, "Seriously that is it...????? Thanks!!!!"

Yeah, and by-the-way, Vintage Double Hose sells orifices and band clamp screws so no need to safety wire your band clamps together anymore. :)

I'm still using safety wire..also for mouth pieces and even on BC hoses.. If you ever need new bands..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom