111507 training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Dive training today was fun, interesting and productive.

After meeting at the Marine Building and a short meeting we got some gear issues settled and the Old FNG issued the rest of his gear. We also learned that one member turned in his resignation letter. :(

Then off to Hauser Lake. Two of us went to the far end to get the Old FNG back into the water and look for a baby ring that a drowning victim lost a while back. That task is going to be about the same as looking for a shirt button from the Titanic.

Old FNG did very well and didn’t look like he ever left the team.

The rest of the team went to another area of the lake to find and recover items from our last drowning out there. They “Got-R-Done”.

Then the traditional Mexican Food overload lunch.

We drive up to Lake Pend Oreille for some deep shore diving. “Lane B” took part of the group on some shallower stuff while I took two for a 130’ target depth. One had never been that deep and the other hadn’t been there in years so I let them lead and I followed. But do you think I could just follow without throwing at least a little wrench into the gears?

We started right at dusk and the lake is typically very clear which makes for a very nice dive. Old FNG has a dead light. The other guy with us said he hadn’t charged his for a while. I didn’t tell them this was the fourth dive on mine but I had a fresh back-up.:eyebrow:

Down we go over the edge and down a very steep bank. Not quite a wall but very steep. I let them lead so our trip is slow with No-Light Old FNG between us.

At about 115’ my light starts to dim and my getting close to deco alarm goes off. I make the turn around signal and we start up nice and slow. About half way back the other light dies. :D Now I’m only using my back up to check the computer. Our compass run back was right on the money and the three of us got back right on time and with more air than we expected.

Neither of these guys even batted an eye at the lights dying during the dive. All they said was that they would have been moving faster with one but it was no big deal.

Good dives and more fun than training. Oops, we were on the clock so; IT WAS STRICTLY A TRAINING DAY AND NONE OF US ENJOYED OURSELVES AT ALL!
I hate having an opening but the member that resigned said he just hasn’t got the time to remain on the team.

Another thing that happened is we have a Seasonal Marine Deputy who actually is on full time. He is also an ex-Navy Diver so we are going to ease him into a position we are going to kind of invent for him. Don’t know how it will work out but we’ll see.

Gary D.

Well the rain finally stopped long enough for me to repack the car and be ready to go again.

We are supposed to get the first of the season snow storm in a few hours. By the number of Southern Warm Weather people that have moved here and purchased the all invincible SUV’s with Southern Warm Weather State sand tires on them we just may be in for a busy time.

I have to laugh at the people who start out with 12+” tires thinking they will be good in the snow that change to Pizza Cutters after they wreck a couple SUV’s.

Watching drivers during the first snow fall is about as much fun as watching the boat ramps on a warm Sunday afternoon.:rofl3:

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom