133 for doubles? how common is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never thought of those clips and this site is to learn I am still getting used to my dry gloves and will potentially invest in those clips and to add to my defense I never took the time to really think of the situation and I was thinking about what I would do if I had a run away inflator this thread has taught me a lot

I never thought of those clips and this site is to learn I am still getting used to my dry gloves and will potentially invest in those clips and to add to my defense I never took the time to really think of the situation and I was thinking about what I would do if I had a run away inflator this thread has taught me a lot

Sorry I didn't mean to sound snippy just wanted to explain that it really should never be an option.

If you're diving doubles you can isolate that valve on the manifold to make it easier (already mentioned above).
In some cases I've known people that ice dive or dive in extremely cold water not to bother hooking their LP inflator and to just simply orally inflate.
Practice disconnecting and connecting with dry gloves. It definitely takes more effort but it's not impossible. I make my students do it all the time during a dryshit course and a lot of them have dry gloves.
Adding one of those LP inflator flanges will help tremendously but it's certainly not required.
Occasionally LP inflators get gunked up with salt and debris making them harder to remove, a good cleaning with vinegar can help fix this.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom