$159 and how I learned that diving is not for me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc once bubbled...
He and I have exchanged personal info and will be meeting on a Monday in the not too distant future. We will keep you updated on his imminent success.

There are two instructors in Florida, that I've dove with and had "dive board" conversations with the last few years, and would trust with my loved ones. They are Mike Brady and Walter. I'm not trying to slight you Pete, 'cause I don't know you, but since MB was involved in your ITC, hopefully our new friend here is in good hands. ;-)

Good Luck!
wb

HKMP5N once bubbled...
Dejected and disappointed I realized that while I once dove in the safety and comfort of experienced friends in the open ocean and having sailed through every other in water skill test, dive table and requirement, my mask is not coming off. Because of this I will not achieve Open Water certification, have lost all confidence to deal with such an emergency and am thereby relegated to the limits of the snorkel. Monday I will drop off the loaner gear to the LDS and simply not return, having learned diving is not for me for $159, the cost of a PADI OW session. It is better to have learned in 12 feet of swimming pool rather than 40 or 50 feet below the Gulf on our open water dives next weekend.

Good luck and have fun with Netdoc... nothing beats a patient instructor that enjoys what they're doing and sharing it with others!

I have not heard from him since I sent him my phone number... I hope he follows through now that it is warm!!! :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom