$170 1400 lumen 120 degree spill video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last month I bought the new Fantasea Blueray Radiant video light, which they claim is 1600 lumens with 50% and 30% settings. It's at least equivalent to my Sola 1200, it has better battery life, it uses replaceable 18650 batteries, and it can be had for only $200 at Leisurepro/Adorama. It's probably the best bang for the buck on the market right now.

That's sounds like a reasonable price for a quality light. Should I upgrade in the future, it would be to something like those.

Yeah I think the Fantasea Blueray Radiant would be a good alternative to D11v, but I still would go for a D32vr once the low setting is fix, it's hard to give up the red light mode. The red mode came so handy in many occasion for me, especially during night dive. It helped me to get some nice Mandarin fish photos, and in one of the night dive, all my fellow divers got chase by razor fish like school girls going after One Direction because they have regular light. My red light just doesn't attract them. Also, when getting into water at night, the red mode is less harsh and it's so easy to see what you doing while everybody is getting ready on a dingy.

If you already have a D32vr, the Fantasea Blueray Radiant should be a good supplement to it, instead of a D11v.

There's a red filter for the Fantasea light. I have a red filter for my LaLuz lights and it works well for night dives.

---------- Post added September 12th, 2013 at 11:32 AM ----------

Is that the Fantasea Blueray Extreme video light 6037?

No. Blueray Radiant. It's cheaper and more powerful than the Extreme.

I was working on a DIY camera tray today and wound up ruining it.:depressed: Anyways, I needed a replacement tray quick and checked SRP's website. They are now selling the D11V video light along with their trays, including them in a package as well. It turned out good for me because they now offer light arms with mounts specifically for my D11V light. So I get my new tray next week just in time for my trip to the Caribbean.:D

Humm. Very nice video and really enjoyed it. The lights seems to function as advertised but my only draw back is I don'y get the feeling that they have enough "punch" for the light to penetrate very deep. Your thoughts?

Humm. Very nice video and really enjoyed it. The lights seems to function as advertised but my only draw back is I don'y get the feeling that they have enough "punch" for the light to penetrate very deep. Your thoughts?

Good thought, they do have good range for the wide angle, it felt like car headlights underwater. The problem was the junk suspended in the water reflecting back light so was forced to shoot against the sand so the reflection off the sand gave more light cancelling the suspended particle back reflection. In daylight, I have a more narrow beam light (Tovatech 1000) as a ''punch' light and the other of the two lights on the SRP rig, a wide angle. I might have a "punch light" next time as a 3rd with a Gilson glove to spotlight interesting objects.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom