$170 1400 lumen 120 degree spill video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So is it safe to say Archon's claim they fixed the flickering with updated units has yet to actually deliver?
My Archon lights are maybe 4 months old and still have a faint flicker, so unless someone has newer lights that can say otherwise, the answer is yes.

So sorry to revive this... but... Looking to buy either the Archon D11s or D32s.

I'm just going to assume the light flickering is an issue so I'll be using the full power on either light. Assuming money is not an issue, is there a reason to not just go for the more powerful D32s? I am mostly worried about the light being too bright for nightlife, but I'm a nub when it comes to video lights.

Well there can def. be too much light, so its good to use a light that can be dimmed.
I see Archon has a neew model out now again, W40VR: Aliexpress.com : Buy ARCHON WH36(DH30) CREE LED Max 3000 Lumens Dive Light Canister Diving Lights/Diving Headlamp DH30 (w/batteries and charger) from Reliable headlamp light suppliers on Hengmao Store
More lumen, colours and more pricey.

Looking at the pictures (scroll down) on the link URL and the beam angle shown is definitely not 120 degrees, interesting language "Angle can reach 120 degrees..." Also described as a "flashlight" Appears to have an external off/on switch Doesn't appear to include battery or charger. said to use the 32650 Li Ion battery

---------- Post added December 19th, 2013 at 10:10 AM ----------

So sorry to revive this... but... Looking to buy either the Archon D11s or D32s.

I'm just going to assume the light flickering is an issue so I'll be using the full power on either light. Assuming money is not an issue, is there a reason to not just go for the more powerful D32s? I am mostly worried about the light being too bright for nightlife, but I'm a nub when it comes to video lights.

Go back to post #96 dual D32VRs full on.

Yup I saw that video.

I am am thinking of just picking up one for the time being. Were your lights overlapping on top in the video? I didn't really see that hard edge.

Yup I saw that video.

I am am thinking of just picking up one for the time being. Were your lights overlapping on top in the video? I didn't really see that hard edge.
They were overlapping some, The effect reminded me of car headlights, you don't see a hot spot in the center when you're driving at night. At the price, get two.

Hmm, okay. I will try to figure out my tray situation first!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom