$170 1400 lumen 120 degree spill video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there, just received an Archon w40vr from Aliexpress. $160. This appears to be a great light. I'll be in Indonesia next month to test it out.

Hi there, just received an Archon w40vr from Aliexpress. $160. This appears to be a great light. I'll be in Indonesia next month to test it out.
$160? You got a link to that price?

I wonder if those things are too big for the SRP light arms. I think I'd be happy with the d32vr's. It would help for distance during daylight but i'm pretty happy with my d11v's. It keeps my setup compact and light weight.

Here is one of the messages during my purchase. I dealt with Olivia via email mostly and paid via Paypal. I also asked them to throw in an extra battery, which they did (for another $12). The light is not that big. Look at the dimensions in the product specs. I received it quickly, it appears to work well (at least in the bathtub).

---------------
Thanks for your inquiry.
This is Olivia of Shenzhen Xiware Technologies Ltd.

The model w40vr diving flashlight is us$158/pcs(including batteris,charger,extra o-ring,hand strap and EVA box package)

Delivery to Canada is us$31

Total price is us$189

Would you like to one?

Best regards
Olivia

Shenzhen Xiware Technologies Ltd.
TEL: 86-755-29462596
Mobile:86-13823537323
FAX: 86 755 29171425
Email: olivia@xiwarelight.com
My Skype: oliviayong1
Address: 3nd Floor,Building#11,Futing Industrial Zone,Zhucun,Guanlan,Bao'an District,Shenzhen,China

Here is one of the messages during my purchase. I dealt with Olivia via email mostly and paid via Paypal. I also asked them to throw in an extra battery, which they did (for another $12). The light is not that big. Look at the dimensions in the product specs. I received it quickly, it appears to work well (at least in the bathtub).

---------------
Thanks for your inquiry.
This is Olivia of Shenzhen Xiware Technologies Ltd.

The model w40vr diving flashlight is us$158/pcs(including batteris,charger,extra o-ring,hand strap and EVA box package)

Delivery to Canada is us$31

Total price is us$189

Would you like to one?

Best regards
Olivia

Shenzhen Xiware Technologies Ltd.
TEL: 86-755-29462596
Mobile:86-13823537323
FAX: 86 755 29171425
Email: olivia@xiwarelight.com
My Skype: oliviayong1
Address: 3nd Floor,Building#11,Futing Industrial Zone,Zhucun,Guanlan,Bao'an District,Shenzhen,China

Size wise, it's nearly the same size overall as my w17v (d11v) except the battery tube section of the w40vr is wider. It weighs twice as much underwater though. A lot of light for the money. I just have no idea how I would mount it to my locline arms or if they would handle the weight. Almost seems like overkill to me if I was rocking a pair of these. 5k-6k lumens, wow.

Last edited:
You can get some fatter loc-line, should be able to hold it no problem.

True, I'm more concerned with how to attach it to the locline. This is what I have now.

24-cm-torch-mount-with-arms-assembl.jpg 24-cm-torch-mount-with-arms-with-archon-w17.jpg

If there is something like this for those wider lights perfect but I haven't had any success finding such a mount or another way to mount them to loclines. This might be an alternative but I really don't think they would accommodate the w40vr's width:

torch-mount-vblock-closeup-side-viewjpg20130528031125.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the w40 has a low setting. I heard of the flicker problem reported with the d32vr and did a video test with my canon s100 and did not see any flicker on any setting on the w40vr. However the s100 records video at 24 fps and I think the issue was reported when recording at 30 fps or higher (ie. with a GoPro). I also contacted Archon and they said that all d32vr shipped now have the problem fixed and that the w40vr does not have the problem.

I have an older model GoPro that won't focus underwater, but still has the higher frame rate. I will check out the light with the GoPro and report back.

True, I'm more concerned with how to attach it to the locline. This is what I have now.

If there is something like this for those wider lights perfect but I haven't had any success finding such a mount or another way to mount them to loclines. This might be an alternative but I really don't think they would accommodate the w40vr's width:

They do make a mount for about 30-40 bucks I think. Kinda pricey. I saw it on alibaba but it takes a bit to find it.

Good to see that the light flickering seems to be fixed. I was under the impression that it was present at 24, 30, and 60 fps.

I've tried ordering lights from aliexpress twice now. Can't get through the communications barrier enough to make a purchase. Sure wish they at least had a price listed on the site so I could buy one electronically.

They may be the greatest thing ever, but I don't speak Chinese so I guess I'm out of luck.

/frustrated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom