2 more ?'s...electricity and paying dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've stayed at PR twice and will be there again in 10 days. Great hotel, you should have a great time.

They have three pronged outlets in the room, but only a couple. So as Jim advises, I would bring a power strip or multi plugs. The electrical is all new since Wilma and I've not had a problem with blowing a fuse or lack of power.

PR doesn't have an on site dive shop, but contracts with Aquaworld next door. They also don't have their own pier (contrary to popular opinion), they use Aquaworld's next door as well. Yo can access the pier through the PR property though. I've never used Aquaworld, they are a large company and look to have large dive boats with a lot of divers on them. That's not my program, but to each their own. My recommendation would be for a smaller op that would give you more personalized service. If you do look for a smaller op, I would suggest picking one that will hold your gear. It's a long walk from the pier to you hotel room. Several ops that have great reputations that will keep you gear are: Aldora, Blue XT, Bottom Time Divers and Living Underwater. Those are not in any order of prefrence and I'm sure there are several others.

Hope this helps some. If you have any more questions about the resort, feel free to pm me.

PH

Power is typical USA 110v...no need for converters.

Dive ops...when you get ready for the more personalized ops...try Aldora or Living Underwater....there are many others, those are my favorite two. Aldora certainly accepts plastic...not so sure about Living Underwater.

Enjoy your trip!!!
I agree with you on Aldora We have been diving with them for many years and have also tried other dive ops on the island and always go back to Aldora. They do accept credit cards.

I always take along two power surge bars for my netbook, hubbies work computer and chargers. We plug them in at two different locations. Otherwise as mentioned, no converters needed.

As far as dive op and Credit cards...I would recommend you make a list of your top 3-5 dive ops after checking out reviews and then contact them directly with your Credit Card questions. At this stage of the game I would also recommend you call them instead of email.

Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom