2 or 3 gas computer, looking for recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would buy another duo if I had not moved on to needing more. Joel @ TDL was dumping NOS duo's as backup bottom timers 6 months or so ago, for 125.00 I think? They are out there. If you were happy with its performance prior to its most recent shenanigans, for the money I would just replace it. I dive cut tables, and use my cochran emc-20 for a gut check.
YMMV
Eric

Good to see you back fire_diver! Let me know what you decide on a new computer as my Cobra is no longer trustworthy. And btw, my roommate at FOB Rustamiya was smelly!

HA! Your roommate in Rusti only smelled because he was sleeping in your bed when you were out!

So, I am looking for a replacement and I know tech moves fast in the UW world and I haven't been keeping up. What are the the currently considered the solid, dependable, multi-gas (no need for trimix) computers. Wrist wearable, and preferably something that will fit in a bungie mount.

I will second that the Petrel is an awesome computer and I have recently purchased one myself, however for a simple and inexpensive 3 gas computer you might look at the Subgear XP-3g. I think they are around $400 or so. I have about 200 dives on it and have done many deco dives with it. When I took my stage deco class it was on my right arm for the whole class.

I am going to go against the grain and say I love my Liquivision. I have a Predator also but, my X1 is very small and built like a brick. Only things that suck is that I had to use a windows computer to upload my software and the specific way I have to connect it to charge. (Very minor)

+1 Petrel...love the easy setup and use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom