2006 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, here's the coaches poll:

1. Ohio State (63) 7-0
2. Southern California 6-0
3. Michigan 7-0
4. West Virginia 6-0
5. Texas 6-1
6. Louisville 6-0
7. Auburn 6-1
8. Notre Dame 5-1
9. Tennessee 5-1
10. Florida 6-1
11. California 6-1
12. Clemson 6-1
13. Georgia Tech 5-1
14. LSU 5-2
15. Oregon 5-1
16. Nebraska 6-1
17. Boise State 6-0
18. Arkansas 5-1
19. Rutgers 6-0
20. Oklahoma 4-2
21. Boston College 5-1
22. Wisconsin 6-1
23. Iowa 5-2
24. Georgia 5-2
25. Texas A&M 6-1

Waaaaaaaaar Eagle!! :14:

chester:
Florida... that is until the new rankings come out. AU and Florida will probably be around 5-6.

But who will be ranked higher when the polls come out? Auburn or Florida. I expect Auburn to #6 in the AP Poll.

I fully expected Auburn to drop to where they were after being beaten by unranked Arkansas (week 7), but I don't think Florida will drop as far after their loss.

Week 8 AP Top 25 Poll is not out yet (as of 3:15pm CDT), but the USA Today Poll is out. It's got Florida dropping to 10 and Auburn moving up to #7.

Week 8 USA Today Poll (SEC Teams only shown below)
7. Auburn 6-1 1,122
9. Tennessee 5-1 1,060
10. Florida 6-1 1,045
14. LSU 5-2 682
18. Arkansas 5-1 532
24. Georgia 5-2 139

The big hit was Georgia falling to 24 after their second weekly embarassment with a loss to Vandy.

I think Auburn plays Tulane this week at 2:30, any predictions or is it a done deal?

Done deal :wink: The Green Wave doesn't have what it takes for the big boys.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Done deal :wink: The Green Wave doesn't have what it takes for the big boys.

Let's hope not. Then #2 AU did get beat by unranked Arkansas. But they redeemed themselves (for the week) by beating #2 ranked Florida.

While this should be an easy game for Auburn, I hope they've learned not to take non-ranked teams like this as a freebie win.

mike_s:
SEC Championship could be Arkansas vs Florida right now.

If Arkansas beats South Carolina and LSU, I'm thinking that's exactly who it will be. Tennessee survives against Alabama, but it was a LOT closer than I thought it would be...

Seems like The World's Largest Cocktail Party is getting earlier and earlier every year...

Here's the AP pool for Week 9

Week 9 AP Top 25 (SEC teams only shown)
7. Auburn 7-1 1,182 (Up from #8 last week)
8. Tennessee 6-1 1,178 (Down from #7 last week)
9. Florida 6-1 1,146 (same as last week)
13. Arkansas 6-1 843 (up from #15 last week)
14. LSU 6-2 799 (same as last week)

I haven't watched the Auburn game yet. (it's on TIVO). But looking at the stats, I wasn't too impressed with the Auburn defense allowing a non-ranked team like Tulane have almost 400 total yards (passing & rushing). Especially when Auburns offense got only just above 400 yards todal rushing/passing.

But the Alabama - Tennessee game was pretty good. I thought 'BAMA was about to pull it out and win it.

Two things caused Alabama to loose. One was Shula should have gone for a touchdown when they were 4th and goal on the 1 yardline. Second was the special teams for Bama. Alabama's special teams gave up 104 yards in punt returns and 66 yards in kickoff returns. That's 170 total yards from returned kicks. That's pretty bad for special teams.

mike_s:
....snip....
Two things caused Alabama to loose. One was Shula should have gone for a touchdown when they were 4th and goal on the 1 yardline.
....snip...

As much as I hate to take up for 'Bama and Shula, he did the right thing on that play. If it had been eariler in the half I would agree because if Bama doesn't make the play they still would have had plenty of time to force Tennessee to punt from deep in their own terrtoiry and possibly score before the half. But with it being so close to the half and the running game not working that well in short yardage, I take the points. Now if you want to talk about the unimaginative play calling in the red zone that's a different story. That's where 'Bama lost the game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom