2011 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The scary thing is LSU may be better next year. LSU's main weakness this year lack of a QB who is consistently a real play maker. Zac Mettenburger may be that QB. We may also get Gunner Kiel, the top high school QB in the nation. With a name like Gunner he has to be good.

Zac Mettenburger was supposed to be the #1 Junior College recruit in the nation. But LSU has barely let him touch the ball.

Not sure why they are holding him back when they have had such difficulties with QB. I'm surprised that I didn't see Jarrett Lee go in also during the SEC game. But you never know what Les is gonna do.... guess that's why they call Les the Mad Hatter.....

This BCS championship brings new meaning to the term "SEC Invitational". :D

Yep---1 deserving, 1 not deserving.....

well. It's time for coaching turnover.

Auburn leads the pack.

Ted Roof was essentially fired from Auburn. He should have been. In 2009 and 2010 he set school records for the most yardage allowed in a season. If it gives up more than 181 yards in their bowl game, they'll break a new record in 2011.
Even though Auburn was National Champion last year, they still set records of yardage given up. pretty pathetic.
He should have been fired last year and the only reason he wasn't was because they won the National Championship.

Now he takes a job at no name Central Florida from a Division I SEC school? most likely for less pay. (he was making $500k/year at Auburn).

Now Guz Malzahn is headed to Arkansas state. His departure was expected sooner or later as he was courted for Vandy's head job last year and has interviewed for other head jobs. But him leaving will leave a big hole in the offense, especially when Chizik is going to be running the defense already.

Malazhn leaving is interesting, considering the salary he was making at Auburn ($1.3million) to leave for a $800k job. Especially when he turned down the Vandy job last year supposedly at $3 million

Now he takes a job at no name Central Florida from a Division I SEC school? most likely for less pay. (he was making $500k/year at Auburn).
That "No Name" school is UCF which is the second largest school in the nation (total enrollment). UF is the sixth largest school (Thanks Tim). USF is in the top ten as well. I bet we'll see football only get better at these schools.

That "No Name" school is UCF which is the second largest school in the nation (total enrollment).

didn't know that... (enrollment).

I think that Gainsville also has one of the largest, if not largest community colleges in the nation. I think it's Santa Fe (or some name similar to that).

You are correct on the name. I don't know the size. It is just north of town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom