2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Captain, I hope you brought your dive gear, the Comal River is warm enough to dive year round and is just a few hours, well five, south of Dallas! Enjoy the Cotton Bowl!

The SEC has 10 members in bowl games this year, this ties them with the Big 10 for the most amount of bowl teams in a single season. As stated above Vandy did play in a bowl game last year and the other team not to bowl in Ol' Miss who had a horrible season after last years solid season.

Isn't UCF coached by Skip Holtz? There are some SEC ties there, at least with his daddy.

This Florida thing is perplexing. I thought they had a good pick for the head coach but bringing in Wise as the OC???? We shall see...

As for Tenn, GA, and SC, I think all three will be fine next year. GA is a young team and at times showed a glimmer of hope. Tenn is also young and in my opinion better than GA. As for SC they may not get better, but I do not see them getting worse either.

Auburn would have been no better off than Miss State if it was not for Cam and Miss State would be in the SEC Invitational if they got Cam instead of Auburn. No way Cam returns for another year though. Personally I think Bama is still the best team in the nation and will remain in the top ten for the next few years. Thats simply a re-woken powerhouse that will be here for a long time to come. Success brings better recruits which brings more success. All the other East schools, to include LSU and my beloved Hogs will just have to pick up the crumbs whenever Bama stumbles.

If Bama played all season like they did the other day in the Capital One Bowl, they'd be back defending the National Title this year.

I did not follow CF enough this year to know why they faltered. :idk:

Well despite my wishes it seems my fears for Arkansas were verified. You know everyone keeps talking about how high in the draft Ryan Mallet will go should he opt for the NFL this year but I think he really needs another year to refine his skills at Arkansas. This is not a selfish observation to keep him there as Tyler Wilson, the backup QB seems competent enough throwing for over 300 yards vs Alabama in Mallets absence. The thing is that Mallet seems to be shaky on big games, looses his decision making skills when pressured, and with 12 interceptions in 13 games he is averaging just shy of an interception a game. Maybe its a bit to harsh but one more year in the SEC would serve him well in the NFL.

not sure who's truck this is.....

but IT'S DUCK SEASON!

164767_1601418509274_1050398958_31333082_7523998_n.jpg

Congrats to the AUBURN Tigers: the 2010 National Football Champions!

War Damn Eagle!

New Smilie for our victorious Tigers:

:aub:

:aub:​

SEC Dominance
National Champions for the Last 5 Years
2010: Auburn
2009: Alabama
2008: Florida
2007: LSU
2006: Florida​

Back