2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Auburn will win and it won't be close. Although on paper FSU looks pretty good but the key factor is their schedule. FSU as not been challenged or tested like Auburn and that will show in tonight's game.

Note: The fact that my daughter is a Junior at Auburn and at the game has only slightly influenced my prediction :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Auburn will win and it won't be close. Although on paper FSU looks pretty good but the key factor is their schedule. FSU as not been challenged or tested like Auburn and that will show in tonight's game.

Note: The fact that my daughter is a Junior at Auburn and at the game has only slightly influenced my prediction :)

Looking sound so far. 21-3. Did not see that coming.

Good thing you didn't bet your savings on this game in Vegas. Super close game and ya FSU came out on top! The almighty SEC loses the big game!

So, five lead changes in the fourth quarter. Good game?

Glad I was able to sit through a dull day at work and miss it all here in Hong Kong.

Good thing you didn't bet your savings on this game in Vegas. Super close game and ya FSU came out on top! The almighty SEC loses the big game!

Great game! Hey, what do I know? Except my daughter and money go to Auburn.

Auburn played so sloppy in the last minutes. It's as if they thought they were going to win for sure and stopped trying. Showed in the last minutes of the 1st half and 2nd half.

Mellow and reflective thoughts on the game and the result:
- Now that the SEC streak is over, we can reflect on just how amazing it was. In the 15 years of the BCS, the SEC won 9. The other conferences together combined for 5 (allowing for USC's vacated title).
- Also interesting that the Big 3 from Florida won 5 of those 14 titles, and made 3 losing appearances in the title game.
- Kind of funny to think that no one except FSU ever represented the ACC in the title game, and no one other than OSU represented the Big 10.
- Tre Mason may have been upset at losing, but that game ensured that he is going to get paid at the next level.
- They fell short at the very last, but what an amazing season for Auburn. Not even ranked until week 7.
- Now the BCS is over, I am going to kind of miss the bitching, moaning and haggling. I suppose we'll still have it, but probably not with the same sort of edge as before.

Could Alabama have won this game? Sure. The Tigers could have won it too. Both teams played their hearts out but I think FSU had just a tad more stamina. Good game all around and definitely not one to be distracted through.

Well, I guess it's about time to put a bow on this thread.

Some teams showed remarkable improvement. Auburn is the winner of the "Most Improved Team" for 2013. They sucked badly in 2012.

The biggest disappointment of 2013 were the Florida Gators. Perhaps the 2012/2013 example set by Auburn will reinvigorate the Gators for 2014.

All in all, it seems there is a growing parity between the conferences. I hope the new NCAA Championship program will further that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom