2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paging Austino and all you SEC honks:

We just hired Chris Wilson from UGA to be our DL coach. Seems like a good hire and good body of work from his days at Sooners and Miss St. Any thoughts or opinion about this hire from you guys that are more familiar with UGA?

BTW, Mike Summer is a good hire for the Gators. Solid OL coach. USC's OL improved tremendously after Kiffin was fired and Summer was brought in by Orgeron to help coaching the OL. He did a tremendous job with our lack of depth and injuries.

Lane Kiffin to Bama is a head scratcher. Best of luck to him. Good OC but bandini as a head coach.

The last but not the least - Pruitt to UGA is a steal. I am surprised that Fisher did not do everything he can to keep Pruitt at FSU.

Wow, such a football devotee.

I don't know about the others, but I find meticulous following of football teams too early in the off season to be inconclusive and tiresome. Regardless of hirings/firings, commits and uncommits, there's too much time and potential for change to take it all too seriously. For me, late July is the best time to start reading up on who's done what with whom. Then there's spring practice reports/evaluations. Then the intra-squad game.

I try not to assign too much credence to recruiting classes either. #1 high school player doesn't mean crap unless he can gel the team around him. It is a team sport, after all.

LOL. You are right Gary. Recruiting for CFB is such a drama now that I don't even bother with it. Wake me up on LOI day just so I know who is on the roster.

As far as coaching goes, I just want to know what kind of guy we are getting in Wilson, that is all.

Just trying to find out a bit more about the DL coach we hired and express my opinion on the coaching carousel 2 wks after the BCS game. Surely this can't be misconstrued as obsessive-compulsive, right? :cool2:

riiiiiiiight. :wink:

Yeah, we thought we had a good OC on Pease, but that turned out to be wrong. Ya never know till they hit the field.

I don't pretend to understand the underlying mechanics of running a good football team and have never played a down in my life for anyone but sandlot pick up teams. As a Gator, I lived through the ignominy of Doug Dickey who was able to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory on a consistent level. Then I struggled through the broken promises of Pell, Hall and whathisname, the overly arrogant reign of Spurrier and a couple of coach wannabe's including Zook and another whatshisname. Meyer brought class and credibility to UF albeit he was ultimately broken by an overly zealous alumni. As for Muschamp, I really like him in many respects excepting his performance on game days. There's no arrogance like Spurrier and no drama like Meyer, but he's starting to resemble ol' Dickey in the W/L department. I hope that we can somehow convey our heartfelt desire to Muschamp: Don't be a Dickey!

Win or lose, it doesn't matter as I am a Gator. God is a Gator too and that's why the sun is Orange and the sky is Blue. Yes, it's a very bright orange almost to being yellow but only a moron would suggest that it is anything but orange. We also understand that God must let the lesser teams win too just to give them hope and to teach us life lessons. Gators all wish that God showed a bit more favoritism for his team, but that's God way and he often works to improve our collective humility. Consequently, I will rejoice with the Gator Nation when our teams do well and suffer along side them when they don't. We may not understand why evil, aka UGA, sometimes prevails against Gator righteousness, but we know that this produces perseverance and character in us. Over the years, we have developed a metric butt tonne of character and so God has blessed us with National Championships and a long winning streak against UGA. We call this our penance to pennants program.

Football....waiting

Sent from my Galactic Communicator using TapaTalk

Pete, Pete, Pete, God is a Buckeye. You should be greatful he let you have Urban for a little while before he came home!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yep, Urban will teach your boys how to choke, not only in the big game, but soon, in the regular season. Enjoy your new coach.

---------- Post added February 25th, 2014 at 05:38 AM ----------

No, wait. I'm wrong. OSU won't choke in the regular season, because they don't play anyone. Perhaps they will have to stick their own fingers down their throat.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom