2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well to me it looks like the west will take the SEC next year as well with Alabama, Arkansas, and LSU fighting it out for the top slot. Personally while I would love to give the prize to the Hogs, I still think Bama will win the SEC crown, meaning they are my pick for winning the SEC invitational as well.

The East is still sketchy. I would have picked FL for an up season but any time there is a new coaching staff you have to wait till that settles itself out. The GameCocks should not be able to pull off the division championship two years in a row but really their only competition is UT-who is improving dramatically, and GA who might just walk away with the East title this year.

Look for Auburn to have a slow start next year early on, but the way they have recruited last year and this year so far they will be contending for BCS from 2012 and on as long as the coaches continue at this pace. Lots of young starters this next year. WAR EAGLE!!!!

Sports Illustrated released it's 2011 Top 25

1. Oklahoma
2. Oregon
3. LSU
4. Alabama
5. Stanford
6. Ohio State
7. Texas A&M
8. TCU
9. South Carolina
10. Florida State
11. Boise State
12. Nebraska
13. Missouri
14. Auburn
15. Wisconsin
16. Michigan State
17. Arkansas
18. Oklahoma State
19. Virginia Tech
20. West Virginia
21. Georgia
22. Miss State
23. Arizona State
24. Notre Dame
25. Utah

Absent from the above list.... Florida.

But Sports Illustrated gets a little biased sometimes.

Look for Auburn to have a slow start next year early on, but the way they have recruited last year and this year so far they will be contending for BCS from 2012 and on as long as the coaches continue at this pace. Lots of young starters this next year. WAR EAGLE!!!!

I agree. Lots of young talent on the team for 2011 so look for somewhere between 8-4 and 10-2. A good year just not a great one. But 2012 will be Auburn's year again.

4 of 6 SEC West teams (Arkansas, Auburn, Alabama, and Ole Miss) will be starting a new QB for 2011. Ole Miss will be in a major rebuilding year. Arkansas shouldn't lose a step with Tyler Wilson but the offensive line is depleted. Same for Auburn with a depleted O line and although Trotter will be better than some think, he is no Cam Newton. Alabama's McCarron had few opportunities this past year but they will have an experienced O line. Miss St is returning both its QBs and all but one on the O line. And who will be the starting QB for LSU? Returners Jarrett Lee and Jordan Jefferson or Zack Mettenberger? You never know with the Mad Hatter. So what does it all mean? Beats the heck out of me. If I knew I'd be making a lot more money than I do. The one think I do know is that the SEC rules...

Anyway I can hardly wait for college football to start. It should be another great year for the SEC.

Didn't Auburn get a top offensive line prospect to commit? He had committed to Texas but changed his mind with the coaching staff changes. Some kid from Arizona. I saw the article a week ago or so and remember they were saying he would be a huge boost to Auburn.

As RocketMan stated I do not think Ark will be hurting at QB. Tyler Wilson seems to be as good as Ryan Mallet and to be quite frank, Mallet has a great arm but makes some bad decisions. Thats why he averaged an interception a game last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom