2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How 'bout that Tebow! And we have him for two more years! WHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! :D

yeah... a sophmore winning the Heisman. In theory, he could win it an unprecidented two more times.

I just wonder if he'll stay 2 more years or will the offers of $$$ cause him to go pro before he finishes his 4th year?

I don't think so. He is there because of the coach: they are both Mormon. After college he will do his "mission" before he even THINKS about accepting an offer.

I don't think so. He is there because of the coach: they are both Mormon. After college he will do his "mission" before he even THINKS about accepting an offer.

That's interesting and says a lot for him if he forgoes a multi-million dollar NFL contract to complete his mission work for his church first. Most people would be too tempted by the "other side".

BTW, has anyone won it twice?

Archie Griffin, Ohio State - 1974, 1975
Heisman.com - Heisman Trophy

I didn't know he was Mormon. I had read somewhere that he attended a baptist church. He sounds like an evangelical when he talks about his faith. If he doesn't have a mission commitment, I would not be surprised if he went pro after his junior year.

I definitely think he deserved the Heisman this year. He has done things that no other quarterback has ever done. He seems like a good kid in addition to being a good athlete.

Baptist Press reported this fall that he was the son of Baptist Missionaries in the Philippines and that he is a member of First Baptist Church in Jacksonville and that he goes back to the Philippines each summer to do mission work. He could have converted to Mormonism but I'm thinking probably not.
BPSports.net - Gators’ Tim Tebow: ‘God, family, academics & football’

Yeah, apparently he is Baptist! Well, it was a cool Urban Legend while it lasted! He is still a great kid and an awesome offensive player! :D

All 3 gators to win the Heisman were sons of preachers. Kinda cool.

Another news flash... a Mormon has just told me that Urban is NOT a Mormon and that he had placed BYU stickers in the urinals when he was the coach at Utah! After all his alma mater is Ohio!

Back
Top Bottom