2008 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but with the stupid choice Auburn made with their new head coach and their previous lack-luster season, we can finally get Auburn tickets for a decent price! :rofl3:

About that new coach...I was over at JJ's the other night drinking some grape Kool-Aid so I now see the light.

well, you've got to be carefull of Bama fans down in the french quarter in New Orleans out partying! :rofl3:

superbammertm6.jpg

So that is 5-0 and 3 in a row for SEC teams in the BCS championship?

I have to say, I was betting it would go the other way at half time. I also thing Percy Harvin can feel like he was robbed of the MVP.

I agree Harvin put up the numbers, but no way we win that game without big T in the 4th. Go Gators, one more year for Tebow!

I have to say, I was betting it would go the other way at half time.
Were you? The goal line pick just before the half was the real turning point in the game. DENIED!

The Sooners never led during the entire game. Wow. They didn't score on their first two possessions. WOW x2. Kudos to their QB for stating so focused. However, it was Tebow's emotion that carried the day. Harvin had two good runs, and that cheap shot (yank) by the OSU defender after the tackle should have had him ejected from the game. That was WRONG.

I was amazed at the sloppy officiating. The Sooners held so many times that were never called. There were three face masks that were missed... they had to snap the guy's head around to finally get penalized. Yet, Tebow makes a "Gator Chomp" at the guy who dissed him and he gets an unsportsmanlike conduct?

I enjoyed every second of it, and I hope Tebow comes back next year. I bet Harvin does too!

Go Gators!!!

Everyone here at work seems to agree about the officiating. Bottom line though, is they got the job done!

Were you? The goal line pick just before the half was the real turning point in the game. DENIED!

True, but for both those non-scoring drives the Sooners absolutely motored down the field in 15 yard chunks - they didn't have a second down (much less a third down) on either drive until they stalled in the red zone. I was thinking, wow, dodged a couple of bullets, but that offence will put up some points in the second half. Just goes to show you though...

I am really happy for them, and I sincerely hope Tebow comes back (although I am pretty sure Harvin and Spikes are gone). College Football needs guys like him. And he has to be the absolute front runner for the 2009 Heisman right now...

Yeah, they really chewed up the field, but then you have the Gators catching their defense with their pants down at times as well. Neither team should be ashamed of the way that they played. Great game with an even GREATER outcome! :D

Harvin had two good runs, and that cheap shot (yank) by the OSU defender after the tackle should have had him ejected from the game. That was WRONG.

I was amazed at the sloppy officiating. The Sooners held so many times that were never called. There were three face masks that were missed... they had to snap the guy's head around to finally get penalized. Yet, Tebow makes a "Gator Chomp" at the guy who dissed him and he gets an unsportsmanlike conduct?

!

One tackle on Tebow, Oklahoma #5 got up by putting his kneed across Tebow's neck for a moment while he stood up. It wasn't an accident because the knee was on the ground beforehand and was no reason to go to his neck to hold him down for a moment.

next classless act was when Oklahoma player pulled Harvin's legs out from under him after he was already tackled and on the ground.

The officials were terrible. They didn't call personal foul on either of these events, yet they called one against Florida for signaling "First down" after a play and for Tebow for responding to a players taughts with the "Gator chop".

The refs definately weren't dishing out anywhere near equal justice.

Oklahoma's actions showed me that they were a "low class team". I'm glad they got beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom