2009 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well it was their second loss..... I'm sure that's why they were dumped

Oklahoma too, but they were treated much more leniently.

! Florida, Alabama and LSU all have to play each other!

Florida and Bama aren't on each others schedules....

but the most likely scenario is that they will repeat in Atlanta for SEC Championship.

Florida is the only one in SEC East that is undefeated.

Auburn, Bama and LSU are all undefeated in SEC West. It's possible that either Auburn for LSU could go if they have a perfect conference season, including beating Bama, but most folks expect Bama to be headed there again.

If we are not careful, these guys might get to play for the National Championship!"

the way the croanies of the BCS operate, they'll never let one SEC team play another SEC team for National Championship.

I personally think all the Bowl games are just a joke now anyway. It's turned into nothing but a commercial sponsorship whore machine.

They have something like 30 bowl games now, which can play about 60 teams. Considering they only have about 120 college football teams, that means any mediocre team goes to a bowl. There are so many of them, that some are just meaningless and don't even get TV coverage.

so most bowl games are a joke now days...

Florida and Bama aren't on each others schedules....

but the most likely scenario is that they will repeat in Atlanta for SEC Championship.

Yes, that is starting to look pretty likely.

the way the croanies of the BCS operate, they'll never let one SEC team play another SEC team for National Championship.

That's probably right, but I was thinking more that people are starting to worry that Boise State might get to play in the National Title game (despite being about the 12th or so best team in the country).

Personally I don't think it would ever be a good idea to have two teams from the same conf play for the title. Remember when everyone thought how good Michigan and Ohio State were that they should replay for the title? And the USC and Florida showed that they (and the rest of the Big 10) were not actually very good at all. It is just too hard to say until after the bowl games that one conference was definitively so good that two teams should play for the title.

Ain't it the truth! It's really frustrating watching them play good the first couple possesions, then hit the basement, just to rally too little too late to make it a game. :shakehead:
Still, I love my VOLS!

They are just too weak at the quarterback position to compete weekly in the SEC. I would be feeling pretty good about their future starting in 2011 with the coaching staff in place and their recruiting prowess. Go Gators!

Last edited:
Florida is the only one in SEC East that is undefeated.
We aim to keep it that way too! :D
The only way for that to happen is to forgo the SEC title game and allow the East and West titles to stand as is. Too much pride at stake for that to happen!

They are just too weak at the quarterback position to compete weekly in the SEC. I would be feeling pretty good about their future starting in 2011 with the coaching staff in place and their recruiting prowess. Go Gators!
That's the way I see it also. Well, except the Go Gators! :D

All the ESPN sperts are picking Florida so we may just have a chance, Geaux Tigers.

Thoughts:

Arkansas beating up Auburn...shows that most SEC teams can beat most other teams on any given week.

I was hoping the Vols would get whooped! UGA fans have to be disappointed this year.

Predictions: Bama beats Ole Miss BAD, Gators v. LSU? Don't want to jinx it, Go Gators!!!

yeah.... Auburn got it's ass handed to it by Arkansas. I think they thought they'd just go in there and whip up and didn't prepare. It's clear that Arkansas was prepared. Looks like Auburn's defense needs some real work to it.

Yep. Any SEC Team can beat another on any given week. Look at Ole Miss beating Florida. suprises happen.

I agree that UGA fans have to be disappointed this year. They really underperformed today.

I expect Bama will beat Ole Miss. But so far it's not that exciting of a game.

The Gator vs LSU game will be the best game of the weekend. But I'm really tired of all the sports channel coverage of "Saint Tebow". It's getting really old.

EDIT: Watching the Alabama v Ole Miss Game on CBS... they show that Ole Miss is ranked 16th? huh? where did they get that.

The Top 25 has them at #20?
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Last edited:
Wow... 13-3. You got to love that Gator team! Geaux riddance to the Tigers for this year! :D

I didn't get to listen or watch as I was at Vortoberfest. Some things are just more important than even a Gator Game! :homealone:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom