2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first time I saw them a young guy just finished a 5K (on warming pavement!). Been hearing some buzz and am thinking that they would be great for running and kayaking. IRS check is burning a hole in my pocket.....

Definitely have to change your running style away from the "traditional" heal strike method. (e.g. POSE running)

I think I'd be ok with that. I hate shoes anyhow and go barefoot at every opportunity.

I go barefoot as well, but I am still so reluctant about running barefoot. I don't know. That being said I ran this morning and my knees are a-killin' me.

Alas.

LOL.. I run in a dog park... no visuals needed....:D :D Barefootin' it would have its disadvantages. LOL

Hahaha!! It definitely would!

Saturday: Open Water swimming - just about 2/3 mile. It was freaking COLD! But I mananged to get in more than I have ever done before. Later today I am going to my first restorative yoga class. Should be interesting!

Late to Gate, airport terminal sprint in Colombo Sri Lanka: 200m, up flight of stairs, with 15kg backpack full of six tech regulator set-ups, computer, PLB/EPIRB, masks, and LED primary light. Extra stressor of Army Sentries fingering their AK-47's as I came running up to the security counter/screening (i.e. must've thought I was a suicide bomber because of the panicked look on my face and the bulging carry-on backpack:wink: !).

Currently in Singapore, coming home to Los Angeles.
(Going to miss that 30deg C/86F Indian Ocean water temperature. . .)

I have a friend that I was hoping would take restorative yoga. She declined...never did it, but heard it's good for people with injuries.

Got off my lazy butt and took the pups for a walk. We went to the local county park that has a wonderful 2 mile winding paved trail. There is a place we stop at that "oops the pups slipped off their leash" and they get to play in the water and be free!!!!!! Did two rounds. The second round, I set the pedometer and was surprised to see that it took me 5000 steps walking to go the two miles. Running, the number drops to about 2000! I guess I hit my 10000 steps today! Whoo hoo!
Then tonight, Hermit Crab and I took the pups to downtown Hollywood. The younger pup, Lyla is going to be tested for her Canine Good Citizen next weekend and we wanted to work her in the crowds with music, food, other dogs, and lots of people. She did very well.

Kevrumbo - glad you made your flight!

WB - it is like Yoga + Meditation, kind of like thoughtful movement and stretching class with a very extended period of centering and conscious breathing at the end. It was nice although I really want a 'normal 'yoga class as well I think.

I love Hollywood! I really want to live in that area if I ever move down to FL (given that I am licensed there to practice!!) Hope that your pup did okay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom