2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 2 years ago, I was up to almost 200 lbs and about 22% body fat. A year ago, just through some basic diet changes (my ex found out she was gluten intolerant, so I joined her in cutting that out), I got down to about 170 and 20% body fat. I got Tim Ferriss's new book The Four Hour Body and have been scanning through it. I plan to re-read it and really get into it. Just by some minor changes he suggests, I'm below 150 lbs and below 17% body fat. The book came out maybe a month ago. I'm not so much concerned about my weight, but my goal is to be below 12% body fat by July at the latest.

Best of luck to everyone! I'll try to remember to check in at least once a month so I feel a level of accountability :)

Ok, I am jumping on board with the new one.

Current weight: 198lbs
Target Goal weight : 140 lbs
Method: Using three of the disc from p90X -- Cardio X, Kenpo X, and Core Synergetics. Will also be walking everyday for at least an hour.

OTHER GOALS:
Also i am quiting smoking, smoke free for 4 days now, feel better already :)
Lower my blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

Will post once a week every tuesday to keep updates :)

Ok, I am jumping on board with the new one.

Current weight: 198lbs
Target Goal weight : 140 lbs
Method: Using three of the disc from p90X -- Cardio X, Kenpo X, and Core Synergetics. Will also be walking everyday for at least an hour.

OTHER GOALS:
Also i am quiting smoking, smoke free for 4 days now, feel better already :)
Lower my blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

Will post once a week every tuesday to keep updates :)

Did you take teh P90x fitness test and pass it? I looked at that program and it seems to be for those already in pretty good shape and just want to up their game from average workouts to extreme.

The fit test on PDF.

I too am working on weight loss and I'm doing it the old fashioned way, counting calories and exercise. I started on the 2nd (I get holidays off :rofl3:) at #209lbs with a goal of 175 by June. It's hard for me to exercise with a back/neck injury and that's what helped me get here. So I'm working through the pain - it will get better.

The P90x program can be a dream for some other time for my less-than-in-shape body.

Thanks Jenny! I'd love to join the fitness fun!

Need to drop about 6 lbs (again) and am happy doing it 1-2 lbs a week.

Also want to up cardio to 2-3 hours a week in 2011

And spend more time in the pool.

Rest night for me. Last night I took the pups to the park and did some light running. Ok. Really. I was a huffing and puffing. Drat. Take a couple/few months off and it really shows! Then when I got home I started the 30 day challenge with Sports Active on the wii. Yeah. I'm a little sore today.
Day 2 of Weight Watchers. Used all my points. But am really happy with the choices I made today-- including going out to lunch because I forgot my lunch on the counter this morning. :doh:

Welcome everybody!!! So good to see ya'll here!

jrossjr-- CONGRATS on going 4 days. Each day will be easier and easier. And eventually you will be able to make snide comments towards smokers cause now you are an X!!!! (coming up on 16 years for me!!!)

Made it to Weight Watchers tonight. Got weighed. That was sobering. yikes. I have a long ways to go.
The program is vastly different than 25 years ago when I last went. "giggle" Lots of tools, books, a calculator....

This will mean new wetsuits in the future. Good luck!

Well I'll jump in this year (again)...just have to keep checking this thread....

At the end of last year started weight watchers and lost just shy of 40 pounds the last quarter of the year. Started at 294 and currently am at 256....looking to loose another 40 this year.

Along with the weight loss I'm looking at increasing my tech certifications from none to at least normoxic trimix....

This will mean new wetsuits in the future. Good luck!

Actually it will mean I can fit in the ones I have! LOL.
But, a new sexy bathing suit may be in order...:wink:

I am in for this year as well. I am weighing in at 260lbs and if I will be going for 220lbs by the end of the year at the least. To start I will be doing cardio on MWF and weights Tu-Th. Also do a morning stretch to get the blood moving right off the bat in the morning. Also watching what I eat closer this year.

Back
Top Bottom