2012 Arctic Dive Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Broken Finstrap

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Some photos from Saturday's Arctic Dive.....lots of fun!

Jim_John.jpgShore.jpgTheGuys.jpgFrank.jpgChris_Bill.jpg

What were the conditions at Murray this weekend, if you don't mind my asking?

I'll watch the dive condition threads as well for more info.

Thanks.

Any underwater photos?

Thanks for sharing.

I should probably post this stuff in the Conditions thread - but sometimes I don't follow instructions exactly.
Answer and Answer (in some order - not necessarily a coherent order):

There are no underwater photos. No one was carrying an underwater rig. The photos turn out looking like typical underwater lake photos anyway. Sorry.

Conditions:
Air temp was in the mid 60s to mid 70s (by my wet finger estimate) depending on the time of day. It was very nice.
It was sunny out with blue skies. Night time sky had a wonderful view of stars, milky way, the moon, venus and saturn all in one small 7 degree by 7 degree area of the sky! It was awesome!

Water temp: 50 deg F
Visibility: 8-12 ft (my estimate)

All in all, it was a wonderful day to be diving. The Rebels and Scubadillos put on an excellent outing! Food was outstanding! Bring your own beverages and other provided beverages were excellent! Wine tasting event was awesome! Cheese tasting event was awesome! Silent auction was good. I am now the proud owner of a USN Diving manual. :) The raffle event was fantastic! Some guy (sorry, don't have name) won a trip to Utila Honduras! Rock on!

There. I think I covered most everything.

Thanks for the info. Wow, even Murray is warming up quicker than I expected. When I was there in Dec, water temp was around 46. I was expecting to hear low 40's up there.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, though. We haven't had too many cold days this winter.

Thanks again.

60-70 degrees? Don't you guys think it's a bit of a misnomer to refer to this dive as "Arctic"? :D

Sounds like a good time! Natalie is on two soccer teams so our weekends are pretty full. Maybe we'll make it next year.

60-70 degrees? Don't you guys think it's a bit of a misnomer to refer to this dive as "Arctic"? :D

Sorry for deleting the sentence with Natalie in it, she is one Gods charming children for sure!! :)

But I agree, "ARCTIC' at 60f---LOL, chilly maybe, but Arctic not my a mile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom