2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry hate week. I still hope the NCAA comes after the Barn with no chance of a $180,000 refund.

"They're down more than when Urban Meyer's final season turned into a dumpster fire in the middle of a train wreck." That's classic Pat Dooley. He tells it like it is.

I have never exactly felt that throwing a coach under a bus after a bad season or two showed good long term planning.

I always look at multiple Super Bowl winning coaches like Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick and wonder what the teams who fired them from their initial head coaching jobs felt like later. Yeah, you really tore up the league after jettisoning Coughlin, Jacksonville. He had to suck it and get by with only winning a mere two Super Bowls in New York.

Coughlin destroyed Jacksonville for a number of years because he had too much power and had worthless vets signed for ridiculous amounts of money. Wtf are you talking about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Coughlin destroyed Jacksonville for a number of years because he had too much power and had worthless vets signed for ridiculous amounts of money. Wtf are you talking about?

Phew. Thank goodness for the Jags that they don't have to worry about that any more. :wink:

They started to climb out of it but a horrible choice in head coach and gm kept them in the ****. They now have a great owner and potentially great gm and coach. The franchise is on the way up. Don't be myopic and just look ar their record in year one of the rebuild.

This is a long, detailed read, even for a Gator fan. But the analysis is reasonable and, IMO, well thought out. It took 5 years for the Gators to arrive where they are today. It didn't start with Muschamp. But Muschamp or whoever is the head coach, must have a comprehensive plan. It would be in his best interest to share that comprehensive plan with the fans and the prospective recruits.

On Will Muschamp, Florida Football, and Everything - Team Speed Kills

---------- Post added November 14th, 2013 at 06:46 AM ----------

They started to climb out of it but a horrible choice in head coach and gm kept them in the ****. They now have a great owner and potentially great gm and coach. The franchise is on the way up. Don't be myopic and just look ar their record in year one of the rebuild.

Tebow would put butts in the seats.

The Auburn game is quite exciting. I haven't been watching their games, but they appear to be for real.

UPDATE:

OMG, is Auburn deliberately trying to give away this game? Did the defense forget how to tackle at halftime? The offense seems to have sputtered, so the defense had better step up. :shakehead:

UPDATE:

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Go Gators :shakehead: :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tebow would put butts in the seats.

Yeah, but that's not what the team needs most. The Jags need to build a solid foundation of players and work towards being taken seriously. Tebow helps with neither of those things. Butts in seats will come with hard work by administration, coaches, and players.

The Jags need Jaguar fans, not Tebow fans.

Tebow sucks in practice but is a winner on game day. As I recall he got Denver to the playoffs and he beat Pittsburgh. What does Jax have to lose, couldn't be much worse and they would be making money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom