24" HP Hose for Pressure Guage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 5'4", 115 lbs, and I'm using a backplate that I bought from NW Grateful Diver, who is considerably taller and bigger. It's fine. I think you only need to consider a different sized plate at the very extremes of body size.

I noticed in a few of your pics that you were using Halcyon webbing--should I assume that you're on a Halcyon plate, TSandM?

SparticleBrane:
I believe the backplate issue might be more important for smaller people than for larger people. My girlfriend is of a small size, I believe she's...5'5"? Anyhow, a standard backplate seems just a tad too large for her, it covers her back and then some. She might be a candidate for a slightly smaller plate.

I used to use a Dive Rite plate and my last instructor thought it was too wide for me. I'm 5'10 and 129 lbs. He had me dive a DSS size M plate and it was more comfortable. I liked it so much I bought the plate and harness from him.

Thank you for the answers. I was just talking to a tech diving instructor I know and he said the same thing about the SPG position. Better get used to it now than latter.

As far as the Backplate sizing goes, my girlfriend is 5'2" and 115# and she wears the standard size backplate with zero issues. If you were 4'11" or smaller I might see a reason for an oddly sized backplate, other than that though it's completely unnecessary.

Just a note on Spg lengths ect. I received a reply from Gue regarding the sizing issue.

Yes its ok to use a 26" hose for the spg.
The stock backplate is ok for all shapes of divers(even with the waist pulled way down below the belly button).
Experimentation with a longer plate is ok but as they say all shapes are diving the stock plate succesfully.

Hopefully this helps the original post regarding the hose length!
I appreciated the reponse from Gue and out local Gue Instructor in this matter and other questions that I've come across since the fundies:D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom