3 day or 4 day courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol no!

they are offered every month here in Jacksonville...

my PADI class was four weeks, two meetings each week (one class, one pool), and then two days of diving (2 dives each day)

caseylary:
Hello everyone,

I am looking to get my open water course in bali in 2 weeks. Some places offer 3 day courses, others offer 4. I am on a bit of a time limit so was hoping to find somewhere with a 3 day course. What is the main difference and what would you recommend?

Thanks!

Remember to never hold your breath, watch your air supply, & stay below your smallest bubble coming up...Now, go for the one day class......J/K'ing of course...If possible, take the 4 day, the more the better......IMO.......

H2Andy:
lol no!

they are offered every month here in Jacksonville...

my PADI class was four weeks, two meetings each week (one class, one pool), and then two days of diving (2 dives each day)

Yea, but that was when Jason was looking for the Argonauts.........Be honest, you & Jaques enjoyed testing out his prototype reg........(I could go on...lol)

I do not know which organization you are looking at being certified through.
If you can take as many days of training before your trip, (ie. Reviews, tests, confined water) and finish in bali with your open water, I believe you may prefer that method.
You shouldn't feel rushed and will have a better foundation leading to safer and more comfortable diving. That's my answer to your question. Good luck on your certification.

Lars

ekewaka:
Surely you jest. PADI would excommunicate an instructor who taught a class that long.
Then my PADI instructor is boned..
IIRC we spent every afternoon/evening (6hrs a day) for a week, plus the weekend for the classroom stuff and pool, plus 2 days for the OW dives..

It is much better now that PADI have moved towards Prescriptive Teaching.
New Student orders material, studies it, and turns in the reviews. Any questions missed on the reviews are reviewed with the instructor. There are Confined Water sessions which may be done in two evenings and a test. Two days of Open water demonstrations, you can knock out a course in three evenings and two weekend days.
No more lengthy sitting in a room being lectured. Self study, self paced. So much easier than when I took my course.

Cheers,
Lars

diver 85:
Yea, but that was when Jason was looking for the Argonauts

lol

no, that was back in 2001

With the new changes to PADI coming in May you will be able to do your classroom study and testing online and only see the instructor for the water portions. Many dive shops may offer a "weekend" to be certified. You show up with a certificate to show you did your class work and they throw you in the pool. Friday evening with 3 confined water dives, Saturday will be 3 confined and 2 open water dives with the rest of the dives on Sunday and voila, new diver.

Charlie59:
With the new changes to PADI coming in May you will be able to do your classroom study and testing online and only see the instructor for the water portions. Many dive shops may offer a "weekend" to be certified. You show up with a certificate to show you did your class work and they throw you in the pool. Friday evening with 3 confined water dives, Saturday will be 3 confined and 2 open water dives with the rest of the dives on Sunday and voila, new diver.

Sorry, I do not agree with this 'format'.........What idiot bought out PADI & is running it with his/her ideas.......Notice 'online' is mentioned in the post.....bet the online scuba equipment sales companies don't mind this approach....

Back
Top Bottom