3 days in Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travel around Manila requires a driver. Depending on the time a short trip is a very long trip. I would not even try public transport unless the trip is very short. The traffic is beyond crazy. Do not even think about renting a car.

One thing you should do for the experience is to take a Tricycle ride. Those are the 3 wheeled motorcycles you see everywhere. Very cheap and bouncy.

I wanted to get 2 tricycles, 1 for me and 1 for my buddy. Have them race to a location. The winning driver gets 1000pesos.

I have eaten durian 4 times. Some people love it. Some hate it beyond hate. Very sweet. Strong odor that most would describe as foul. It is an experience to see it opened and to try a small piece. It is hard to believe anything that has such a strong smell is that sweet and creamy.
HUMMMM!~ Now ya got me thinking! I may just have to at least try it! (Durian) If for no other reason just to say I did!

Ok-renting a car is out. So, I'd better plan on finding a place pretty central to the markets and shopping malls that have been mentioned so I can either just walk or take a short taxi ride. Those tricycles sound fun too! That may just end up being my mode of transport! Do you just flag them down?
I'm assuming that the places that DevonDiver listed fit that criteria so I will probably stay at one of those!

Greenbelt is a central area with good amenities and decent shops/bars. Tricycles aren't allowed within the Makati central district though. Anywhere else in Manila/Philippines has them. People tend to get taxis around Metro Manila, they are safe, cheap and metered. From Greenbelt to the Greenhills Market should cost less than 250 pesos ($5).

As your roomie and dive buddy when you get to Anilao, I say enjoy Manila, be safe, have fun, and see you when we get to the resort! Sorry I couldn't arrive any earlier....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom