3+ deco dives per day?

Three+ staged decompression dives in 24hrs?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a qualifier on my vote: Did. Will again if convenient a chamber is onboard and there is a professional support crew

I have done up to four decompression Scuba dives per day on air and HeO2, for more than a week at a time. In-water decompression was at 20' on surface supplied O2 and completed at 60' in a chamber on O2. None of us got bent, but our decompression was basically a treatment table. Not recommended, it was exhausting.

I've done 2x 180-200ft in a day in the Great Lakes. Padded my second dive's deco by quite a bit (+10mins, so roughly GF 40/65 for the second dive) and had suit heat. Would not do three even in warm water.

Deco dive with, lets say, 10 minutes of deco? 3 in a day? I just might do it. Deco dives with 1 hour or more deco? No way!

I've sat thru 15 years of D.A.N. bubble videos at DEMA that I really try to stay out of deco, but we've all racked up a 3 dive soda bottle underwater.

The quantity of 1/2/3 deco dives in a day is a small factor compared to how much 'Work' you are doing underwater and other factors. Doing 3 deep deco dives on a powerful scooter (DPV) is radically different than kicking hard in a 3 knot current on a wreck or kicking hard/struggling to get thru a cave restriction, or for us putting a bad shot on a reef donkey and racking up bubbles on just one dive. Heart rate (work), hydration, body temperature, along with so many other factors in my opinion, combine to out weigh the quantity of dives in a day.

Too exhausting to plan, gear for and execute to be any fun. Requires IMHO a dedicated and competent troupe.
I do way more light back gas deco than most people but full on staged deco would have to have serious compensation to do again. I'd do it, but it would have to be under some narrow circumstances.

I think part of the problem is that it's easy to do on a breather. The logistics are much simpler compared to OC, so it's much easier to justify doing it. Still doesn't make it a good idea.

Been there, done that - 2 helicopter rides, 4 chamber rides and an occasionaly dragging foot that lasted for a good 3 years and I consider myself lucky.
Now after 3.5 days of 2 deco dives a day with at least 30 min of O2 deco each, I take a half day off in order to help reset the clock.
The days of GFhigh being 125% are long over, I'm now cautious enough to be happy with a GFhigh of 85% for more than 1 dive a day.
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom