34 F water NE USA, but warm here in ScubaBoard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
smilies-41093.png

34?! :11: Jeeze, I have done 47, but wow.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don
Dandy Don...I've been doing 34* in a wetsuit for years. The only bad part is changing after the dive.
C-Dawg

Dave , dont have much experience with cold-water diving in lakes but if you get the chance try Cape Ann ( Rockport ) MA. The ocean is a balmy 38-42 and the marine life is really bustling when it's this time of the year . Either way , good diving to ya...

Vtdiver2:
Dandy Don...I've been doing 34* in a wetsuit for years. The only bad part is changing after the dive.
C-Dawg

You guys are more rugged than I am!

I got rid of my wetsuit after my first year of diving because even 47 degrees felt too cold! I like being "toasty" warm the whole dive, so I'm always in a drysuit in any water colder than 80 degrees!

Dave C

oldtimer:
Dave , dont have much experience with cold-water diving in lakes but if you get the chance try Cape Ann ( Rockport ) MA. The ocean is a balmy 38-42 and the marine life is really bustling when it's this time of the year . Either way , good diving to ya...

Recognize that Atlantic torpedo ray in my avatar? Cathedral Rock.

Excellent advice for the best shore diving in the northeast. Cape Ann, MA, is my usual dive destination. Check out my profile for more details on the torpedo ray pic.

Maybe I'll see you there sometime. I'll bet we know the same people, too. I'm hoping to dive Front Beach in early February. 8^)

Good diving to you, too!

Dave C

Thats good news we were starting to wonder if we would have the Ice.

pir8 wrote:

Thats good news we were starting to wonder if we would have the Ice.

FWIW:

This morning, I talked with some ice fishermen and there's 4 inches of ice now on the lake I dove from shore 11 days ago. I was surprised how fast it's formed!

Mallet's Bay is a cinch, I'd guess, judging by what's happening here in NH. My local lake is similar in depth, although about a quarter the area of Mallet's Bay.

Sounds like a fun outing for you. Good luck.

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom