4 days in Manila -should we go to Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
We have 4 full days in Manila on the way to a liveaboard trip and are trying to decide if we should go to Anilao or fly straight to Puerto Princesa ....

Elm Nido seems to be the only place with great diving around Puerto Princesa and the 5 hour trip either way isn't a thrilling prospect. Should we try and aim for somewhere in the Batangas area? Someone mentioned Buceo Anilao. Is this in the same area? I'd love some advice please.
Thanks

Yes. I just got back from Buceo Anilao - it was awesome :D

I was just reading your trip report :). How long did your transfer take/cost? We arrive in Manila around 1pm, so would be hoping to transfer to a resort the same day..

My transfer was included in the package price I paid, so I'm not sure of the exact cost. Transfers from Manila airport took about 3 hours going down (it was almost 1am though) and closer to 4 hours going back (evening traffic). You'd easily be able to transfer the same day and begin diving the next morning :)

No. Booked through a dive travel company in Australia. They've got a good admin team on site though, so I suspect booking directly is easy enough. It's what I plan to do when I can get the time off to return :)

Reactions: Heg
They are great to deal with directly. Not sure how prices compare between direct and via agency.

You should ask for the detail direction on using public transport from Manila or at least as far as to Batangas Bus Terminal. It is rather straight forward and the bus has AC and some of them even equipped with toilet!
Min of US$100.00 each way is far too much and excessive.

Anilao is great , majority is muck diving. If you like that you should be trilled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom