4ft underwater, dived deeper, momentarily lost consciousness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've moved on

I've moved on
What does this mean? No more diving? No more ScubaBoard? No more responding to criticisms? No longer ignoring advice? What?

What does this mean? No more diving? No more ScubaBoard? No more responding to criticisms? No longer ignoring advice? What?
I assume the latter since he's still lurking...

Some thoughts about situations like these. No criticism intended. Just ruminating on this.

#1 First of all, moving on is OK.

#2 On a typical forum, not just on Scubaboard, many people want the OP to read their post(s) and to react (e.g. to questions). This can create an asymmetrical workload. Everyone of us only posts a few times, and the OP will have dozens or hundreds of posts to read. It can get quite time consuming, I can tell. There will be a point after which the benefit of knowledge no longer overweighs the time cost. This of course depends on the gravity of the matter to the OP.

#3 It is also possible that the OP got the knowledge he or she wants, while the community might still want to dwell on the issue. And that is fine.

#4 Or it just got boring.

It is very nice of the OP to tell that he or she does not intend to participate in a specific thread anymore (I have to admit that I haven't done that - perhaps I should have, countless times). So thank you for that, in this specific thread.

I have lost interest in some threads I started, too. For all the reasons listed above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom