4'th of July weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstudley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any plans to go diving this weekend? My wife got stuck covering for someone both the 3'rd and the 4'th so I am free all day both days (well, from 7am -> 8pm anyway).

Maybe a few of us could get together for a couple of dives one or both days with some good old fashioned bbq during our SI?

I'm in RI so anyplace here would be good with me. MA and CT are options too. Let's figure something out!

You got "lucky"! I've got parties and fireworks planned both days, so I'll have a BBQ sans the diving. Good luck finding a few buddies. We'll be at GunRock this Friday and we'll try to squeeze another dive or two in on Monday the 5th. I've got a goal to do some RI diving this year since I'm in SE Mass, so hopefully we'll hook up later in the season.

LobstaMan

LobstaMan:
You got "lucky"! I've got parties and fireworks planned both days, so I'll have a BBQ sans the diving. Good luck finding a few buddies. We'll be at GunRock this Friday and we'll try to squeeze another dive or two in on Monday the 5th. I've got a goal to do some RI diving this year since I'm in SE Mass, so hopefully we'll hook up later in the season.

LobstaMan
Anytime you want to dive in RI let me know and I'll be there.

I've got fireworks Sunday night but the rest of the weekend (actually until wednsday) is free.

Anyone out there up for some diving this weekend? I think someone mentioned Cathedral Rock on Saturday in another thread....

v_1matst:
Anytime you want to dive in RI let me know and I'll be there.

I've got fireworks Sunday night but the rest of the weekend (actually until wednsday) is free.

Anyone out there up for some diving this weekend? I think someone mentioned Cathedral Rock on Saturday in another thread....

I am in Wakefield, RI and would be up for doing some diving Sunday or Monday. I already have some plans for Saturday.

If you end up doing Cathedral Rock Saturday and still want to do some diving in RI later in the weekend then count me in. Any preference on locations?

RIOceanographer:
I am in Wakefield, RI and would be up for doing some diving Sunday or Monday. I already have some plans for Saturday.

If you end up doing Cathedral Rock Saturday and still want to do some diving in RI later in the weekend then count me in. Any preference on locations?
It looks like I am going up to Cape Ann tommorow, but I'm still interested in going on Sunday (Monday is out for me now).

I have no preference on location, although it may be wise to stay out of Newport this weekend because of the Queen Mary thing going on (lots of people/car/boat traffic). I wouldn't mind going someplace new.

Let me know if you are still up for Sunday, I'll let you pick the place (if you like) and we can go from there.

Right now weather forecasts for Sunday are calm seas in the morning. This is ideal for Beavertail Diving. It is a rigerous dive as you already know. I am trying to get some people to go and may end up going down myself for sundy since we are already boat diving Saturday.

I'll know Saturday night.

ScubaSarus:
Right now weather forecasts for Sunday are calm seas in the morning. This is ideal for Beavertail Diving. It is a rigerous dive as you already know. I am trying to get some people to go and may end up going down myself for sundy since we are already boat diving Saturday.

I'll know Saturday night.
I think that sounds like a good idea. I haven't gone to Beavertail yet and would like to do a dive or two there.

RIOceanographer, what do you think? Beavertail sound OK?

v_1matst:
Anyone have any plans to go diving this weekend? My wife got stuck covering for someone both the 3'rd and the 4'th so I am free all day both days (well, from 7am -> 8pm anyway).

Maybe a few of us could get together for a couple of dives one or both days with some good old fashioned bbq during our SI?

I'm in RI so anyplace here would be good with me. MA and CT are options too. Let's figure something out!
sundays is good for me any place in RI WAS THERE THE LAST 2 SUNDAYS LET ME KNOW WHAT TIME AND WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!! MONDAY 2

I was hoping to dive Ft. Weatherhill on Monday, but the nautical forecast isn't looking very good. Winds out of the south at a pretty tough clip, so we'll get some big waves. :(

Windminstrel:
I was hoping to dive Ft. Weatherhill on Monday, but the nautical forecast isn't looking very good. Winds out of the south at a pretty tough clip, so we'll get some big waves. :(
well if it is to rough at the ocean go to bashen lake or west hill pond good for fun thats what i will do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom