50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elliot, you might take a look at DAN for that info. We had a discussion here re. this subject when a cruise ship refused a shore excursion dive for me because I was over 65. No one had ever heard of such a restriction. I found a local dive shop and went on my own. I'm now 70 and will dive with Spirit of Freedom live-aboard on the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea islands in January.

Thanks Fred I did a little research and heres what I found:
"No upper age limit for participation in scuba diving exists, provided a diver is healthy and fit and has no disqualifying medical conditions." - D.A.N.

Hi! :happywave:

I spent my big 5-0 in Cozumel last year. Hope to meet some of you at Invade the Keys!

Hi! :happywave:

I spent my big 5-0 in Cozumel last year. Hope to meet some of you at Invade the Keys!
Check her ID. I think she's faking her age claim for the Senior discounts. :cool:

Valhalla turned 50 last August but my family and friends will confirm that I behave and enjoy life like a 25 year old. Looking forward to ITK's as well!

Valhalla turned 50 last August but my family and friends will confirm that I behave and enjoy life like a 25 year old. Looking forward to ITK's as well!

:giggle: Oh, no! I'm not going there! :no:

Welcome, Dr Chip! I'm liking where you hang out, don't cha know! Welcome to ScubaBoard, or at least your first post thereon!

58 - Lovin It! - I'm the "youngster" in the Grand Valley Scuba Divers club.
Live in West Michigan diving inland lakes and the Great Lakes
Cruise the Caribbean each winter and the Mrs. agrees I should dive a couple ports.

So...what age related diving issues? Full tank, trusted & familiar dive buddy, open water and a dive flag what else matters?

Back
Top Bottom