$500 for OW course, I supply my own mask, fins, snorkel and booties. 5 nts/2.5 hrs ea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prices vary drastically with geography mostly. My OW classes are $275 and you do not have to buy anything unless you want to (usually booties) and this includes two days of actual classroom instruction and two days of pool (confined water). This also includes the gear you will use on the certification dives.

There's a place down here (PCB) that does OW for $250 + they provide everything. I had a friend go through them and it was a pretty good class - not ground breaking or anything - just about average. The prices vary drastically depending on where you are in the world and the cost of living and such.

More pool sessions may be needed or desired, and I'll gladly provide them for $75 each.

This seems like it promotes a substandard certification if the student can't afford the extra cash. Aren't instructors supposed to work with the students until they have the necessary skills to be certified?

OP: He has a good reputation.

Centrals: If you are sure about this then why not!

I agree w/ Centrals. You get what you pay for. You don't want a bargin, you weant a fair and reasonable price for good (or better) quality training.

Back
Top Bottom