500meter depth gauge or computer computer - does it exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your goal is to break Pascal's record, finding a depth gauge is the least of your worries. And I don't think you'll be running your ascent following a computer either...

Good luck... how long are you giving yourself to work up to your record breaking dive and how will you be funding it?
:coffee:thank's doppler for asking that question,,,, a handfull of people from chevron calxex phillipines and goodyear phillipines the same guys who always fund the anual coastal clean up here in the phillipines said:popcorn:
"get the cert's and seek knowledge on better algorithims and then come back for funnding".....
for me training first plus scuba boards advices how can i lose...:D

What nitrogen charts did Pascal use cause if im recalling correctly wasnt it something like 360 meters.... this is just my humble opinion but there is much more to see a little higher up...and everytime talks of record breakind depths there seems to be a rise in body counts...but what the hell if we never pushed the limits we'd still be in the shallow end at the YMCA

Agree 1000% Asking about what algorithm a computer uses implies that you would be letting the computer manage the deco. Before planningon breaking any records a person should be very well versed in the chosen field. A computers algorithm is based on a theory that should be tested in the real world before the computer is released. In a record attempt, by definition, no one has done it before, therefore the algorithm is not tested to that extreme.

If you want to set a record, first become an expert on decompression theory, so that you can devise your own deco schedule. Then, if what you have learned hasn't scared the carp out of you, dive your own plan.
:popcorn:learn to be an expert...... hmmmmmm...... an expert should at least have a good number of principles tryed and practiced in his feild of endevour diving. even when i get the N.A.U.I.cert's i can only say im a good N.A.U.I. member and not the expert since i know only one teaching.
now with the help of the scubaboard guru's i hope that one day i may be considered in the intermidiate category.:crafty:

It's gutsy of you to ask a question like this on this board. As you have found out you will be labeled a dangerous heretic and quite possibly will be disallowed from diving ever again on this planet.

Years ago i worked with a company that operated and built deepwater ROVs - 0 to 20,000 ft. We had a variety of sensors. You might find some pretty decent, affordable and reliable equipment related to that industry.

Good luck. Go for it. More power to you.

I don't believe Cedric or anyone else has been close to 1000 ft (yet). I believe Dave Shaw still holds the sport RB depth record at 890ffw and it wasn't on a meg.

You are right. I misread the depth in his article. 663. Damn, I need to get my eyes checked! :D

thanks guys your the best...
2 of my gurus have just drove in and il be jioning there clases in manila after that to sunny tubataha for the start of the diving season.
oh,,, in keeping with the traditions of N.A.U.I. "plan your dive and dive your plan" im going to study, workhard, get more certs. in 2 years time do the dive...... if ive gained enough of all thats needed.............
"water tricles everywhere so dose knowledge" thanks!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom