6 cu ft VS. 13 cu ft Drysuit Inflation Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll jump in here. I had six bottles on me at one point sunday with an aluminum 14. it's fine
Is it bolted to the backplate or is it strapped on your tank? I've seen halcyon riggings for both cases, thus I'm assuming that bolting or strapping is one of those rare ocassions of "personal choice" for GUE DIR config.

The reason why I'm asking is that I recently got a 13 and I asked my UTD trained friend who also recently got a 13 how was he rigging it. He said it was getting too bulky having it on the plate on the left side so he moved it to strapped on the right back tank.

I tried it following his example, and it's not bad. However, it did not look like an optimal streamlining (having it strapped on either of the back tanks). I'm thinking of fabricating bolt through webbing straps to put my 13 on the back plate with a bungee and give it a personal try to verify if it is indeed feeling too crowded when you carry multiple cylinders.

6 goes on the plate, 13/14 goes on the doubles. Putting it on the doubles isn't great, but there just isn't any space anywhere else.

The 14 does not get in the the way of stages, I've had MANY stages on the left and it doesn't interfere at all. If anything, I think the 6 on the plate is worse than the 14 on the doubles.

the leash hangs up on the tank valve sometimes with floaty bottles

*edit* you can see how we rig it here:
5NEWG.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation that 13's on the backplate are not such a good idea.

What could be the problems with having the 13 strapped to the right back tank? It doesn't seem like it would interfere with scooters and the only problem I can think off would be if your drysuit inflation valve does not rotate.

When I've rigged it on my right tank, I had the regulator facing back so that the valve would be on the outside and available for shutdown. I did some shut downs when I tested that configuration and I had no problems. You think the reg facing back is too much of a snagging hazard?

When I've rigged it on my right tank, I had the regulator facing back so that the valve would be on the outside and available for shutdown. I did some shut downs when I tested that configuration and I had no problems. You think the reg facing back is too much of a snagging hazard?

I wouldn't want my reg facing up

I have to get a din valve for the 13 anyways. Right now I'm using a yoke one because I ran out of dins. So up or down, there is still a protusion, either the reg body or the yoke handwheel.

Therefore if I need to get a new din valve I can just as easily get a right hand one. Is there any other reason why I should not strap the 13 in the right tank?

I have to get a din valve for the 13 anyways. Right now I'm using a yoke one because I ran out of dins. So up or down, there is still a protusion, either the reg body or the yoke handwheel.

Therefore if I need to get a new din valve I can just as easily get a right hand one. Is there any other reason why I should not strap the 13 in the right tank?

I would consider either of those options (yoke reg or din reg facing up) unacceptable personally.
get a proper valve.

i would imagine you would have to get creative with the hose to avoid your battery canister. why do you want it on that side? just got through telling you i had SIX bottles on the left with a 14cuft bottle :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom