90lb wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some perspective on 90lb wing. My current tech setup BP&W harness with a 60lb wing for 4 cylinders (back-mount twins and 2 stage tanks). I have an opportunity to get a 90 lb wing in a very reasonable price. As I am helpless to fight this gear addiction on my own, I wanted have a rational argument before I decide.
So, I was wondering if anyone really use a 90lb lift capacity unless they are hauling a Spanish anchor from the bottom? Or if I use a 90lb wing, would I be that guy on the boat nobody will have beer with?

Can you kind folks provide some perspective from your experiences?
Thanks in advance

90lb is unnecessary, and unsafe if you are hauling a Spanish anchor from the bottom. BCD=buoyancy compensation device. Its name describes exactly what it is there for, compensate for buoyancy. Buoyancy changes due to exposure protection, and as you consume gas in your tanks. It should NEVER be used to lift something off of the bottom, that is what lift bags are for...
90lb wing is as ridiculous as the picture that @loosenit2 posted...

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSU5xurJ5vnjbvfAidJwzKCDTNtBwYgWulBLqnCmPeLW9I1cddp&usqp=CAU.jpg

92cc2731af56f6c3ac27ef26cace1aad.jpg

1480959555_the-deepest-dive.jpg

cd8c83533f044226a507521e9752e9c6.jpg

rFff8PmidGrtoppu4GCSaG4OVuACSDa9I6SsaVbXMPzOnTGgq-edXKGfZJJid1SBgsP6ZIrVVxBLpWGqPfmkNktiK948FrIA.jpg

Trimix.jpg

At least if the boat ever sinks, you’ll have an extra life raft.

Don't know. May be that's why I am getting it at a reasonable price ;-)
Bricks are available for reasonable prices too. That's no reason to take them diving either ;-)
What would be a reason for you to dive such a piece of equipment?

What would be a reason for you to dive such a piece of equipment?

Someone made it.

Back
Top Bottom