A C-Card w/out OW cert. dives??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a YMCA AI (in training) I can unequivically say that is not the standard we set for ourselves (nor is it for any agency out there, no matter how maligned they are is some of the threads). REPORT HIM IMMEDIATELY. If he has a shop, hit it where it hurts, with bad word of mouth. Everybody's reputation as divers who treat this sport with the respect it deserves is hurt in some way by people like this 'speaking' for the industry. The instructor in question really ought to review the standards manual of his agency, and re-read the section of professional liability.

The Y's just letting him host the class ... he's not a Y instructor, but still ...

The neighbor that taking the kid to Mexico is already certified and knows this instructor and got a small class together for this imcompetent to teach. Another mark will be recorded against this intructor for this family and for my piece of mind. I didn't turn him in when I was certified by him, but I'll make sure I do it for the kid and his parents.

It is outragous that he's still teaching, isn't it? Money does make the world go 'round, I guess. It's so important to research your instructor(s) ... some are worth their weight in gold and some are below the level of pond scum. I was certiified by this guy many years ago and learned things the hard way, myself. Thank God for the LDS in St. Croix that took the extra time (free of charge) to get our skills to where we should have been to begin our check out dives.

Have a great day, everyone.

Monica Rice Harlan ~ mrrdh@insightbb.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom