A cenote dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone wanna do a cenote dive on Monday or Tuesday on the mainland. That's the 28th or29th. I am diving with Francisco Zamora.

Please at the risk of sounding negative, answer back only if you have been to a cenote before and have at least 100 dives and most of them lately. Thanks, the last time I went the people I dove with said they had over 50 dives and that they felt comfortable in the water. I was totally embarrassed because of their lack of skills at buoyancy and lack of skill at fining properly.
I don't want to go through that this time, maybe next time:D

I have a Mexican phone so pm me and I will give it to you.

kevin.

Counts me out then :wink:. with around 850 dives but with less than 100 in the last few years (which obviously isn't most of them lately). Only did my first Cenotes in December.
Hehe that was poor thot expression, huh? :laughing:

Actually, we had a newbie on our last cenotes trip which concerned me until we got wet. He'd been diving cenotes with the PDC for several days and was good. I've had bad experiences with newbies but you never know. Sometimes I the group klutz. :eek:

Actually, we had a newbie on our last cenotes trip which concerned me until we got wet. He'd been diving cenotes with the PDC for several days and was good. I've had bad experiences with newbies but you never know. Sometimes I the group klutz. :eek:

I've had better days with many a newbie then with many well-seasoned divers. There's too many out there who seem to think they know it all just because of the number of dives they've done. Newbies (well, most at least), know they have a lot left to learn and often make more of an effort to get it right and really pay attention to instructions.

In diving or anything else, no matter how long you've been at it it's good to remember that we are all new at one time, and there is always someone who will have more experience then we do. I can honestly say that in diving and other things, work and leisure, I have learned from both those with less experience then I, and those that are ahead of me. If we only stick to those who are at our own level, we'll do just that, get stuck.

Now, Kev, I can also understand your point when it comes to cenotes. You have stay together, it's an entire day and it's a time and expense for that day, much more so then just doing ocean dives in Cozumel. My first time wasn't great, I made more than one mistake and was glad it was just my husband and I with a guide (who was fantastic and patient and willing to spend a little extra time to make sure I had a good dive...). A guide I've used a few times for cenotes has a great way of doing the dives. Before the group goes into the cavern zone, he has everyone swim around the open cenote area to show they have proper finning techniques down and have good buoyancy. He'll work with them a little, but if they can't get it, the sit out and wait for us to be done the dive.

Hope you find a buddy, and have a great day in the cenotes!

First Dive is Francisco Zamora who Opal sets up the Cenote dives with. I will not be able to make those dates but would like to try out a few cenotes when we are down there in May.

Do you have any cost or details on the cenotes you plan to dive.

Thanks,
Mmtndiver

First Dive is Francisco Zamora who Opal sets up the Cenote dives with. I will not be able to make those dates but would like to try out a few cenotes when we are down there in May.

Do you have any cost or details on the cenotes you plan to dive.

Thanks,
Mmtndiver
Hi! No he was introduced to me by a friend who dives with him alot. He is well known and a great guy, most cavers are.:D
To tell you the truth I dont know how much he is asking, I just phoned him and asked him to reserve some time for me. They usually run around 100-120usd for a two tank dive. Several friends that have used rave about him.

Crap, I was hoping to not get any cat calls. I love diving with new divers, it is a passion of mine to share what I know as safe diving today. I am patient and can really connect well with most people learning. I love to watch the passion of the sport grow in a new diver as well as see them feel more confident.
This is not a training dive nor a time that I want to worry or need to feel obligated to show someone how to frog kick. I also dont want to worry that they may freak out in the cavern because they are closet claustrophobic.
Sorry if my request offended anyone, it meant I wanted to share a dive with someone that would want to dive with someone who can do the dive with them and feel comfortable as I want to. I needed to set a boundary and thought that my 100 dive mark was ok as a parameter.
The request was to ask for a skilled and to have recently dove diver. I dont see the harm in that. Again I have missed the mark in communication. ops,my bad.

Crap, I was hoping to not get any cat calls. I love diving with new divers, it is a passion of mine to share what I know as safe diving today. I am patient and can really connect well with most people learning. I love to watch the passion of the sport grow in a new diver as well as see them feel more confident.
This is not a training dive nor a time that I want to worry or need to feel obligated to show someone how to frog kick. I also dont want to worry that they may freak out in the cavern because they are closet claustrophobic.
Sorry if my request offended anyone, it meant I wanted to share a dive with someone that would want to dive with someone who can do the dive with them and feel comfortable as I want to. I needed to set a boundary and thought that my 100 dive mark was ok as a parameter.
The request was to ask for a skilled and to have recently dove diver. I dont see the harm in that. Again I have missed the mark in communication. ops,my bad.

You only offend those who aren't accustomed to you.... :grinjester:

And you fish with dynamite and use the WHOLE bottle of lighter fluid to start the grill? :rofl3:

Thanks for the info FirstDive.

We would like to do a cenote trip this year in May and looking for any tips? RT from Coz.

Just find it so hard to leave Coz once I'm settled in. But this year for sure:D

Mmtndiver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom