A comment on moderation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not see why a person who habitually acts to correct misinformation should be disqualified as a moderator. Is a moderator supposed to sit back and be silent when misinformation is being presented?

Admitting a habit is usually the first of 12 steps. It's been previously said that the person doing the behavior usually can't see the malice.

For example, if someone says "I can't stand so and so, he think he's God's gift to diving and I want to put him in his place." I think that's malice.

There is no "Right" or "Wrong".

There are the "Powers that be" and the "Loyal opposition". Other than that, it's just sheep or enemies...

---------- Post Merged at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:02 PM ----------

:popcorn:

-posted in the most respectful manner possible.

"Q" can take me out if I'm considered to be disingenuous...

---------- Post Merged at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:02 PM ----------

The absence of a rebuttal can only lead me to believe that the "powers that be" in this social forum tolerate reasonable dissent...

Exactly. The subtle difference is which side of the fence and whether you get promoted to be a mod or accused of being a cyber bully / troll / stalker.

IMO someone who takes it upon himself like that (myself included) should *NEVER* be a moderator.

Being a moderator is hardly a promotion ... it's more like being a volunteer in a soup kitchen where a small percentage of the people you're feeding are chronically complaining that the service sucks.

... and every once in a while you're gonna get ...

images

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh God! The West Coast trumping with a NY reference. :rofl3:

Q.E.D. Baby, just Q.E.D.

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:57 PM ----------

BTW, chrpai is one of my friends.

Other problems also bring counseling.

I am a living example that SB counseling by mods DOES work. I was counseled to "not take it personally," "cool off," and "take some time off from SB for perspective." Now their counseling didn't work the first (or second, or third, or fourth time...) but (I think) that it eventually did work since I am not getting counseled so regularly any more...

Buy your SB mod a beer. They deserve it for putting up with people like me...

In my experience with feedback from SB mods (perhaps four to seven different mods?) there is only one that I think is an ass.

Deleted

I am a living example that SB counseling by mods DOES work. I was counseled to "not take it personally," "cool off," and "take some time off from SB for perspective." Now their counseling didn't work the first (or second, or third, or fourth time...) but (I think) that it eventually did work since I am not getting counseled so regularly any more...

... you wore then down ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom